Changing interior trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing interior trim

How difficult is it to change the coloured trims to get a complete black interior?I would rather an all black interior. If I found a good spec two tone I was wondering if it was possible to do so. I imagine the seats could get retrimmed right?

Thanks
    kerstien

Originally posted by kerstien View Post
    How difficult is it to change the coloured trims to get a complete black interior?I would rather an all black interior. If I found a good spec two tone I was wondering if it was possible to do so. I imagine the seats could get retrimmed right?

Thanks
    kerstien
    anything is possible but I would think you would nearly gut the interior to remove all the coloured parts (dash top/rear bulkhead/dash/steering wheel tabs) there are instructions for removing trim sections in "TIS".

Comment

Thanks for your reply
      so imagine it would be quite costly to do so right?

Kerstien

Comment

Originally posted by kerstien View Post
        Thanks for your reply
        so imagine it would be quite costly to do so right?

Kerstien
        the trim parts are expensive from BMW so you would really need a full 2nd
        hand interior but also of the same age and spec otherwise parts are different, as you say the seats could be re-trimmed and also the door cards .

Comment

Having replaced missing/damaged panels on my own car over the years i have found that bmw in their wisdom managed to use every conceivable type of attachment/screws/fixings that they could lay their well manicured hands on,,to be honest to change the whole interior over to just another colour would be a total pain in the arse! a different story if you was just stripping out.as the colours of leather are just a form of paint stain,why not give Connoly leather a call and see what they can do!

Comment

Working...
          X