PDA

View Full Version : Scotthall Milton Keynes

bricklewood
10-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Mine gianed 10 miles during an MOT, this is because Scotthall's do not have an in-house MOT facility so they sub contract the MOT to another garage (and hence not a BMW dealership) on the other side of Milton Keynes, something they neglected to inform me when I booked the test. Service Manager could not understand my anger as he explained that an MOT is the same where ever it is conducted and his drivers are "trained professionals".
This puts in question the value of a full dealership service history?

Spooks
10-11-2011, 01:30 PM
I think the full service history is a different thing but I would not have been happy about them taking my car 10 miles either. Trained professionals maybe so in mechanics but not driving.

indy
10-11-2011, 04:46 PM
its simple, from now on if you wanna keep the history with them, you get them to do the service, and you get the MOT done yourself.

fuck letting them put 10 miles on a car, without permission!!!

i would keep moaning haha, get them to refund the MOT cost.

ZiggyCol
11-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Stratstones in Harrogate did the same to me several years ago - I've not been back since for an MOT or much else. Then funnily enough I had a call from them last week reminding me my MOT is due soon - did I want to book in. When I explained why not they revealed they are now a registered MOT station - too late, I'm now used to using a more convenient local station.

ZZZEMMCO
12-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Sorry to hear of of your problems.Am also MK MoTown based, But have an Indy MOT station--that allow me to stand and watch my Three P&J,s being put through their Health checkouts.Based in Wolverton--------------Pm me for contacts.