Scratched screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratched screen

Can anyone recommend anything to have a go at some scratches in the front screen please?

not used it but they have sold a few,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Windsc...item5880a73792

Comment

Thanks Dave.......Has anyone used anything with any success or am I pissing in the wind trying it?

Mr offyourmarks you are the man who knows about magic potions, anything worth a try please?

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
        Thanks Dave.......Has anyone used anything with any success or am I pissing in the wind trying it?

Mr offyourmarks you are the man who knows about magic potions, anything worth a try please?
        I though detailing was "women's work"?!

Comment

Originally posted by W1234 View Post
          I though detailing was "women's work"?!
          I wondered if that might crop up, me being "seen" in this section.

Polishing out some scratches in the screen so that you can see properly is a tad different to cleaning the inside of your heater vents with a cotton bud then posting pictures on the net.

Now, can anyone recommend a product from experience or not?
          Last edited by fok; 14-06-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Try some one like auto glass or ask at your local double glazing manufacturer
            I'm sue they will have a polishing compound
            [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
              I wondered if that might crop up, me being "seen" in this section.

Polishing out some scratches in the screen so that you can see properly is a tad different to cleaning the inside of your heater vents with a cotton bud then posting pictures on the net.

Now, can anyone recommend a product from experience or not?
              Sorry, couldn't resist....

Comment

I have treid the Ebay stuff and wasn't impressed. We had bought in a stock car which had a wiper scuff on the screen and hoped that it would help. It did improve a little but not as much as I though it would. Also was quite messy to use with spray going everywhere even on low speed.
                2000 W Z3MC Dakar Yellow
                Ex Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
                Ex Caterham 7

Comment

Suggest just get it changed
                  S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Mine was scratched from a wiper blade and I couldn't get rid of the scrathes. In the end something accidentally smashed my windscreen and I got a replacement.
                    From Z3 MC to Z4 MC... glad to be back

Comment

Some problems may arrive,when having your windscreen replaced...there is a difference between roadies screen and our coupe i think it is one of the seals thats different..thats if you do have the misfortune of something hitting your screen..

Comment

The window rubber for the MC is unique - a number have been caught out by this.
                        S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
                          The window rubber for the MC is unique - a number have been caught out by this.
                          This wasn't a problem for me when I had mine replaced. I just made sure that the repairers (I can't remember who) new that it was an MCoupe. Oh, and I insisted that my insurance paid for an OEM screen!
                          From Z3 MC to Z4 MC... glad to be back

Comment

Seal must have come with the screen,unless they used your old one.

Comment

Working...
                            X