Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and help?

Hello,

I've just joined the forum but don't seem to see where I can post new threads. Perhaps its because I've just joined?

I'm looking into the possibility of getting myself a Z3MCoupe (it has been a car I've admired for many a year) but I have a potential issue with my garage...sad but true!

I'm hoping the members of this forum are able to help me as i need some accurate measurements of a Z3MCoupe to be sure it'll fit in my garage.

I don't trust published data that much and the last thing i want is commit to buying a car that I cant get in my garage.

Its an accurate width measurement i'm really after (as i think i'm ok on length), to widest body points and also to wing mirrors if wider than the body.
    A double check on the length is also good though.

I'm hoping it will work and and at some point I could be an owner member on this forum.

I appreciate this might not be the place to put a request such as this, but perhaps you can advise how i can post a new thread rather than just reply to one?

All assistance gratefully received

Thanks,

Dunx

Welcome to the forum

Comment

some dimensions in this thread,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...ighlight=sizes

Comment

They look a lot wider than they are , mine fits easy through a gap to access the rear of my house that I can only just squeeze a l200 pick up through , and they are around the narrowest pick up you can get .

Comment

Z3MC Width

Many thanks for the welcome and the info.

Some further clarification would be very helpful, if poss.

It would seem they state two widths;

1740 at the front, and
          1858 at the rear

This makes sense as the rear is wider, but can someone confirm if the wing mirrors protrude out beyond the rear wheel arches? I'm hoping they don't but the image from that brochure seems to show they do.

If they are, do they fold in at all and does that reduce the width?

I think i'm going to be ok (just) as the door entrance is the narrowest bit at 1940, but its going to be very tight! Its a bit wider inside but only upto 2200 wide so getting out of the car wont be easy.

To be honest i'll even crawl out if it lets me get ones of these wicked machines! Just as long as i can open the door enough to squeeze out. I'll be padding the walls in the right areas to avoid scuffs and dinks.

Just need to know its going to get through the opening.

Thanks,

Dunx

Comment

Mine fits through a 1850mm gap fairly easy , I've just been out and measured it for you , in the rain so you owe me a beer

Comment

Originally posted by dunx View Post
              Hello,

I appreciate this might not be the place to put a request such as this, but perhaps you can advise how i can post a new thread rather than just reply to one?

All assistance gratefully received

Thanks,

Dunx

go to any sub forum (i.e general / for sale etc) andclick on "new thread" on top left of screen

Comment

Paul,

Much appreciated. So it must be narrower than 1850 if it fits through it...as i said, i don't trust published dimensions.

Things are sounding promising

Yes, i owe you a beer! If you're ever down Cardiff way let me know!

Many thanks

Comment

Beer Debt

Dunx
                  I am down in Cardiff for the Wales v Scotland match in the Six Nations in March I will freely accept and pass on the beer as due!
                  Any recommendations on the better class of Pub in Cardiff when we (12 guys) are down on tour, for info. average age is above mine, at 56!!!!
                  Regards,
                  James

Comment

James,

no problem...i'll get you that beer!

As for good pubs for touring Rugby fans...i'm no expert as i'm not a real local (as an englishman living in Wales i try and keep out of the Rubgy debate) nor a rugby fan, but have been advised the 'Owain GlynDwr' (http://www.theowainglyndwr.co.uk/) is good.

To be fair there's loads of nice pubs in the centre and a stones throw from the stadium so you cant go too wrong. Always a great atmosphere in town on match days as its all so close.

Comment

Working...
                    X