Best DA machine polishing kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best DA machine polishing kit

Morning all. I am toying with the idea of buying a DA machine polisher, either with a kit or without. Question is, are the kits with predetermined products better than buying the machine on its own and selecting products separately, from both a value and quality point of view?

My paint is in good condition generally so it doesn't need anything mega abrasive but would like to get a far better finish, plus use in on the other 3 cars in my house that all need varying levels of work.

Maybe someone has one for sale after having a fad like me?!

Cheers
    Ian
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

I bought a complete kit with compounds/sealants/glaze etc,

I would think you may be better just buying what you need rather than a complete set up?

Comment

Don't buy a DA

Buy an orbital like Dave
      Daves is top notch son has 2
      Often have deals at Europarts

I would disagree with Dave buy the kit, if your starting out then at least you have the right polishes and pads for the machine
      With a quality one its Gardner to F@k it up
      ( we tried on an old bonnet for a laugh )
      With cheap n cheerfull. It can easily end in tears
      [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post
        Don't buy a DA

Buy an orbital like Dave
        Daves is top notch son has 2
        Often have deals at Europarts

I would disagree with Dave buy the kit, if your starting out then at least you have the right polishes and pads for the machine
        With a quality one its Gardner to F@k it up
        ( we tried on an old bonnet for a laugh )
        With cheap n cheerfull. It can easily end in tears
        I thought the DA was the best way to ensure you didn't F it up but still got good results?!

Is this the one you have Dave?

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/m...-polisher.aspx
        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
          I thought the DA was the best way to ensure you didn't F it up but still got good results?!

Is this the one you have Dave?

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/m...-polisher.aspx

yes this kit looks similar,

http://www.monzacarcare.com/dual-act...shing-kit-1/0/

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
            Are they as simple as they make out, especially with all the curves the MC has?

If I get one I'll definitely trial it on the bonnet of the Golf....won't be as gutted if it goes wrong then!

Comment

I bought a DAS 6 Pro+ a while back and used it on the coupe and didn't do any damage, could do with being able to put a smaller pad on it for some areas but it was fine.

From my trawling of detailing world they all seem to say BMW's have rock hard paint as well, after i did mine there were still plenty of small marks if you looked for them but it took near enough all the obvious swirls away.

I think as long as you start slow and light and work your way up checking all the time then you should be fine, just don't go straight on the hardest pad and polish and hold the machine on max speed in one area for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by alanw89 View Post
                I bought a DAS 6 Pro+ a while back and used it on the coupe and didn't do any damage, could do with being able to put a smaller pad on it for some areas but it was fine.

From my trawling of detailing world they all seem to say BMW's have rock hard paint as well, after i did mine there were still plenty of small marks if you looked for them but it took near enough all the obvious swirls away.

I think as long as you start slow and light and work your way up checking all the time then you should be fine, just don't go straight on the hardest pad and polish and hold the machine on max speed in one area for too long.
                This. I have used it on both z3s that I have had. See my old one here: http://zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38241

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

YouTube has all the info u need, set your iPad up while your working, easy to follow
                  S54 titanium silver all black interior, 2001 51 plate
                  good things come to those who wait!

Comment

Working...
                  X