Rain-X Glass Cleaner & Rain Repellent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain-X Glass Cleaner & Rain Repellent

I bought a couple of trigger guns of "Rain-X Glass Cleaner & Rain Repellent" from Asda the other week as it had been reduced right down and, having always wondered if the stuff worked, thought id try the stuff mixed with a cleaner.

I forgot I had applied this to my cars a week or so ago until last night when I went out in the persistent rain; really quite impressed with it! It just beaded the rain up and the wipers wiped it off with no streaking at all

I think the fact I had forgotten I had applied it removes the placebo affect

It also did a good job of cleaning after washing the car
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

I've used this before and thought it was brilliant.

I just can't be arsed applying it...
    S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Yup, really good stuff and with the rake of the screen on the MC, you don't even have to use your wipers once you're up to a decent speed, the rain just 'blasts away'
      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
        Yup, really good stuff and with the rake of the screen on the MC, you don't even have to use your wipers once you're up to a decent speed, the rain just 'blasts away'
        I've used it for a number of years and agree that is a great product.
        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
        1986 M635
        1985 E28 M5
        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Strangely, I think I recall reading something in our new A3* owners manual about them not recommending the use of such things. No explanation as to why.

(*winner of the most boring car I've ever owned award)

Comment

Strangely, I think I recall reading something in our new A3* owners manual about them not recommending the use of such things. No explanation as to why.

They want you to buy more wiper blades.
            Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
            2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
            1986 M635
            1985 E28 M5
            1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

But a very comfortable and nice place to be....!
              2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                But a very comfortable and nice place to be....!
                Never quite known anything like the s-tronic box mate. Stop at junction... spot gap in traffic... press accelerator pedal... wait for car to decide whether it can be arsed to move or not... miss gap in traffic

Comment

Never quite known anything like the s-tronic box mate. Stop at junction... spot gap in traffic... press accelerator pedal... wait for car to decide whether it can be arsed to move or not... miss gap in traffic
                  Leave it in sport mode , they aren't great in town , bizarrely where you need an auto most !

Comment

Lol! But our XC60s auto'box is just the same, with the added annoyance of the turbo taking forever to spin into life....1rpm....2rpm....!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                      Lol! But our XC60s auto'box is just the same, with the added annoyance of the turbo taking forever to spin into life....1rpm....2rpm....!!
                      Having thought about it, they're not claimed to have been developed by 3 time world champion, Lewis Hamilton, are they?? He can't get his car off the start very quickly either!!

Comment

Getting back to rain-x, I'm so impressed with it - in heavy rain/spray, you hardly need the wipers. One other excellent feature is when clearing a frosty windscreen. I generally use lukewarm water to get the ice off, but the resultant water on the screen just shrivels up and doesn't re-freeze.

Comment

Bought 2 bottles at Asda on Friday. £3 each. Amazon etc about £7!
                          Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Working...
                          X