Winter work and Wanted; driver side rear quarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter work and Wanted; driver side rear quarter

Bit of a long shot but if anyone has a drivers side rear quarter/wheel arch panel lying around I would be interested. Any colour.

Also, rear wiper arm/assembly.

Thanks.

Anyone else got any winter work planned?

Mine is going to be put away after a trip this weekend although I will take it out once a month to keep it moving. Other jobs in the pipeline are wheel and brake caliper refurb. Also considering underside wire brushing and rust proofing if I have the funds.

Both rear quarters for me I think!

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Originally posted by 4xhausts View Post
      Anyone else got any winter work planned?
      Complete external respray, under bonnet respray, new engine and box, new diff, brakes overhaul and upgrade, suspension tweeks, 1/2 cage.

Comment

I'm planning changing the oil and filter, replacing the constant pressure valve to cure a wee oil leak and renewing the Vanos seals with upgraded Viton ones.
        Have to move house first though...

Comment

New radiator, replace vacuum hoses, new coils.

Comment

Inspection II service, new front brake lines and cleaning up/repainting the sills which are just starting to show a little surface rust at the front, so I want to catch that early (not the sill covers, they were replaced with new a few years ago and still perfect)

Possibly new vanos solenoids as well.

Dear Santa...
            Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
            ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
            Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

winter work

i have noticed a small knock/clunk noise when accelerating and decellerating in low gears and having replaced most moving parts over the last few years appart from the guibo/flexi disc and drive shaft centre bearing so its back on the ramps as soon as i have a spare weekend,probably over xmass in a friends garage with no heating.

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
                Complete external respray, under bonnet respray, new engine and box, new diff, brakes overhaul and upgrade, suspension tweeks, 1/2 cage.

same colour paint?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                  same colour paint?
                  Would like to see a coupe in one of the new M colours..
                  Austin yellow or Sakhir orange..

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                    same colour paint?
                    Yes, externally, but the under bonnet will be lacquered Estoril instead of the odd matte finish.

I wouldn't normally deviate from OEM paint but as my car is so heavily modded I figured I'd go with what I prefer the look of rather than stick to the OEM finish. Considering what I've done already, I hardly think it'll devalue it!

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
                      Yes, externally, but the under bonnet will be lacquered Estoril instead of the odd matte finish.

I wouldn't normally deviate from OEM paint but as my car is so heavily modded I figured I'd go with what I prefer the look of rather than stick to the OEM finish. Considering what I've done already, I hardly think it'll devalue it!
                      Yes I agree re value, I have seen another M Coupe with Estoril painted underbonnet and it looks great

Comment

Working...
                      X