PDA

View Full Version : Dick Lovett - Bristol & Sytner - Harold Wood

sday12
15-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Dick Lovett - Bristol: Sales are great, but the PDI is sh*t.

They let my car go out under the Approved BMW Used Car Scheme with the following wrong with it:

Air Con with 5% gas left.
Gear stick not secured when I pulled it off it shorted the car's headlights.
New front caliper seized and caused car to pull dramtically to the left.

All fixed by Sytner - Harold Wood with a smile and no fuss. The Service Manager said he would be called Dick Lovett for an explanation.

Drive in reception at Sytner - Harold Wood is cool, facilities are second to none. No quibble so far about warranty work, full valet each time too.

sday12
16-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Got a call from their Service Manager this afternoon.

Most apologetic, PDI process needs looking at, said he would also call Service Manager at Sytner Harold Wood.

Also said he would foot the bill for a windscreen chip the car was sold with. Result.

sday12
15-09-2006, 11:07 AM
These guys just get better and better.

Took the car in at the weekend and asked for new seat rails , rear top mounts, front wishbones and new stereo (flap stuck)

No problem sir, daily updates, picked up this morning.

I know they are getting the money from BMW, but no quibble, just do it.

Anything else I should get done before the warranty runs out in April?

Rags
15-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Vanos gears and Vanos unit :wink: :lol: :lol:

dalecan
15-09-2006, 06:25 PM
SDay12,

What type of movement did you have in the seat rails. I have about 1/2 inceh of lateral movement in my drivers seat and Cooper Wimbledon say it is not bad enough to replace under warranty. :evil:

sday12
18-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Rags,

Vanos already replaced at 30K

dalecan,

I noticed a slight, and I mean slight, movement in my seat under heavy braking, passenger seat was fine, no movement, but I said there was and they replaced them on both. If you can make the trip across London, I'm sure they'll do the job for you.

Rags
18-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Rags,

Vanos already replaced at 30K

dalecan,

Sorry, I meant, did you get both done?

sday12
18-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Yeah, I should check, Thx Rags