Speakers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers!

What size are the front and rear speakers?

what has everyone changed theres to? i have always liked infinity's.

There was a guide to putting an 8" sub into the space next to the autochanger, how do you do that?

I'm running with Genesis speakers and they are FANTASTIC. I can't remember the model name but it has 'Gold' in it somewhere. No too sure about the size (13.5 or something) but it is a standard size that is also used on 3 series cars.

Comment

B3N the fronts are 5.25 inches and I think the rears are the same size.

I bought a 6 inch JL sub and had plans to get a bass box built and install a system similar to what is summarised here. http://www.368s.com/review.php?ArticleID=26.

Things were taking too long so I decided to get an Alpine SWD 1600 (http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_p...partno=SWD1600) as a temporary stop gap.

It is now permanent because its such an awesome unit. The amount of bass it churns for such a small unit is incredible.

It fits nicely in the slot where the harmon kardon would have been.

Greenbat

Ex MC Owner

Comment

cheers greenbat!

i was thinking to do the same as that 368s link (well get someone else to do it!)
        is that alpine sub that good? cause that would be a lot easier!

Comment

it also says on that you need to remove the doors to access the tweeters, WHAT?
          is that right?! seems a bit much

Comment

Originally posted by B3N
            you will need to remove the door cards. i didnt bother, i bought 3 way 13cm for the footwells, much easier!!!

Comment

Originally posted by B3N
              Like r80ter said you will have to remove the door cards to fit the tweeters.

The alpine sounds really good, it maintain clarity at high volume with no sound distortion. The bass ouput is great and I would say it sounds like an 8 or even 10 inch sub. I have got a JVC KD AVX1 as the head unit so cannot say how it will definitely sound with the standard BMW headunit unit.

I am so happy with the alpine so if you want to follow the 368 link then I will be happy to sell my JL Amp and Sub if you are interested.

A few photos attached (not really good ones but OK)

Cheers

Greebat

Ex MC Owner

Comment

im gonna get an alpine head unit, so i will have another BMW head unit to add to the two i already have under the stairs!

I do like that little sub and for £100 its a bargin!
                im not sure if rogers has the HK upgrade, did you buy that cover seperatly?

Comment

I bought the covers separately. The part numbers are as follows
                  Cover B51.46.8.400.235 £44.26 excluding VAT
                  Panel B51.46.8.400.391 £46.81 excluding VAT
                  Cheers
                  Greenbat

Ex MC Owner

Comment

Greenbat, I noticed that in your pictures, the CD shuttle is covered / hidden by some sort of plastic plate. Do you (or anyone else) know the part number for that cover / plate? My car is missing it. :(
                    2010 Z4 M Coupe Interlagos Blue, Sepang Bronze Light
                    Ex 2000 Z3 M Coupe Estoril Blue, Estoril / Black

Comment

Originally posted by Manic
                      Greenbat, I noticed that in your pictures, the CD shuttle is covered / hidden by some sort of plastic plate. Do you (or anyone else) know the part number for that cover / plate? My car is missing it. :(
                      Manic I haven't got the part number. My car is in for a service and I pick it up on Thursday so if you havent got the details by then I will get it for you.

Cheers

Greenbat

Ex MC Owner

Comment

part# = 51478407258 (black) or 51478407542 (Beige 2)

:idea:

"Café-Racer mit Raketentrieb"

Comment

Greenbat & Ivo: Many thanks!
                          2010 Z4 M Coupe Interlagos Blue, Sepang Bronze Light
                          Ex 2000 Z3 M Coupe Estoril Blue, Estoril / Black

Comment

Hi Guys,

Took Greenbat's advice at the weekend and had the Alpine1600 sub fitted, along with new mid and tweeters in each corner.
                            Already a few weeks ago fitted an Alpine 4 x 50watt MP3 head unit. Fitted some Kenwood 5 1/4" plus soft dome tweeters in the fronts and rears, not as good as Genesis but couldn't afford those.
                            At some time I will fit a seperate amp instead of the head amp.
                            Anyway the main reason for the post was just to reiterate how good the sub is for such a small unit, it will never be as good as a large unit, the laws of physics and all that, but size for size it's great.
                            My "M" didn't have Harmon Kardon fitted nor a CD changer so the sub now lives in the "box" where the CD changer would have been, hence invisible,
                            Sound great - looks standard. Cant recommend enough.

Cheers all

Regards

Mike

S54 - Titan -Tunbridge Wells

Comment

wicked thanks for that mate, thats 2 good write ups about the sub unit!

getting that for sure!

Comment

Working...
                              X