Powerflex bushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerflex bushes

Has anyone fitted powerflex bushes? What kind of differnce do they make, and are they costly to get fitted?

Thinking of getting some fitted at the same time as my H&R roll bars.
    From Z3 MC to Z4 MC... glad to be back

I had them fitted to my old E30 M3 as well as having the rear converted to allow set up changes and I found the bushes to be great id say if you knead to change the bushes then go with powerflex.

Comment

I use Powerflex (same bushes for compact as MC/Z3), a couple of small issues:

The front arm bushes are incorrectly labelled for left & right. (Not a big problem, it's fairly obvious when it comes to fitting.)

The rear beam bushes need the steel insert shortening by about 10mm. (Again, not a big problem.)

The rear trailing arm bushes were a big problem tho', they seemed too soft when we were fitting them and one of them collapsed after only 200 miles of normal road use on road tyres........

The trailing arm bushes have been changed back to OEM and have given no problems. All the other bushes are Powerflex and they've been fine. (Not as harsh a ride as may be expected, ok for a road car imo.)
      Simon.

www.bmwrallying.com

Comment

Working...
      X