Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creaky clutch pedal

Hi All.

During the heatwave that weve been having, ive noticed that when using the clutch pedal its started to creak, sometimes quite loudly. It tends to go off after 5mins or so driving.

It doesnt do it when the weather is cooler...........just wondering if anyone else has had this, is it purely heat related or wonder if I have some kind of pedalbox problem ??

Cheers
    Ian
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

It's quite a common problem both my Z3s did it, my Coupe still does it but I think I'll remove the lower panel over the pedals and spray some oil on the clutch pedal mechanism.

Comment

Ta very much. Ive not had time to look myself but now ist the weekend I may well whip that panel off as well.........lets it down !!

Cheers
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

There's a thread about this on the zroadster forum too, apparently there's some bushes you can buy but I think thats a bit OTT and if you can source the squeak some spray oil will fix it.

Comment

Is this an in-car, lie and twist through the door job or do you have to get under the bonnet ? Im assuming the former............??

Comment

Yea its all in the footwell; the only thing coming out of the bulkhead is the clutch hyradulic pipe.

Comment

Sounds like fun in the hot weather !!

I'll try and do it when I get home and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                Hi All.

During the heatwave that weve been having, ive noticed that when using the clutch pedal its started to creak, sometimes quite loudly. It tends to go off after 5mins or so driving.

It doesnt do it when the weather is cooler...........just wondering if anyone else has had this, is it purely heat related or wonder if I have some kind of pedalbox problem ??

Cheers
                Ian
                UUChas some replacement bushings. Big pain to put in. The squeek comes either from the bushings or the linkage/spring assembly. Hosing it down might quiet it for a bit, but best to take it out, clean it relube it and put it back. The stock bushings allow for side to side slop in the pedal arm aswell. The bushings are all the way up under the dash. Not bad if you are a teenager, not so fun if your a bit more mature. Read that as a big pain in the back. They are worth the hassle though, should have come that way.

Comment

Working...
                X