Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compact subwoofer

Hi Guys,

Seeing as my previous post had no answers.....

Who has a subwoofer in their car?

I don't have the HK system so am suffering a bit without some low bass notes.

I don't want anything major as I am not really major stereo buff, but some bass wouldnt go a miss.

It has to fit in the empty compartment where the HK would be,.,.

I was looking at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KENWOOD-KSC-SW...QQcmdZViewItem

Any comments.

Rags

Rags i was in your same position and had a small Pioneer one put in and i am very happy with the fill in base i get ill take a pic and put it up for you fits in perfect in the empty gap. was about 150 to 200 quid as well so not so much either.

Comment

Hello,

That would be great.

Look forward to seeing the photo.

Rags

Comment

Rags the post below might help

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum2/viewt...270&highlight=

Greenbat

Ex MC Owner

Comment

Greenbat, you star!

Just what I was looking for.

From memory, is the space eitehr side of the compartment the same size?

Comment

Rags,

looking inside the car from the boot, the space to the right side is bigger.

I guess you have got no CD changer? That's where the factory fitted CD normally resides (right hand side).

Greenbat

Ex MC Owner

Comment

It's worth noting that the gadget tray between the seats is smaller on cars with the HK system. Cars without it have a deeper tray, leaving a little less space back there.

Paul

Comment

I put in the Alpine powered sub in the boot behind the passenger side. It's a really easy job to do as the battery is right next to it and then you run a phono cable & a signal cable from the head unit. Should only cost about £140 with the leads.

It sounds really good...fills the gap and has a good crisp/warm sound....very flexible indeed. I think it's better than the HK system in my old MC. A point to note is that I have an aftermarket headunit and I'm not sure if the standard BMW has phono out sockets so you may need a new head unit too.

I'm near Watford so if you're ever nearby and want to listen or need any help installing it give me a shout.

Comment

The prices of the alpine have gone lower, about £100 now

Greenbat

Ex MC Owner

Comment

Working...
                  X