• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement key

I need a replacement key for my MCoupe.

Like this.

Shocked at the £80quid price including vat from my local dealer[:0]

Is this the normal price or can anyone else do it, other than my dealer?

Hi, doubt you'd get a cheaper price than that tbh or be able to get the key from anybody else. Even £80 sounds reasonable to me from a BMW dealer for a key; some other car manufactruers charger hundreds (I think I read somewhere that Fiat charger ridiculous figures).

Comment

yeh sounds about right, I had my keys stolen (well my mrs had the car, and her bag got stolen)

what a pain that was, but IIRC i paid around that....

Comment

I paid over £100 for a VW key a couple of years ago.

Comment

Someone on Pistonheads with a Murcielago was quoted at £3,500 when he lost his key :shock: He needed to get all the locks changed AND all the ECUs reprogrammed. £80 doesn't seem too bad after reading about that.

Comment

new key operational?

Hi rags,
            Can you tell me if your new key had to be programmed in any way to operate on your car? I am a newish MC owner, and a brand new unused key came with the car, and doesn't work other than as an insert to the door lock itself. No electronic/ alarm/locking function whatsoever, even though the LED shows red when depressed? ODD!
            Ta, JKE11Y

Comment

Re: new key operational?

Originally posted by jke11y
              Hi rags,
              Can you tell me if your new key had to be programmed in any way to operate on your car? I am a newish MC owner, and a brand new unused key came with the car, and doesn't work other than as an insert to the door lock itself. No electronic/ alarm/locking function whatsoever, even though the LED shows red when depressed? ODD!
              Ta, JKE11Y
              I had a similar experience with one of the Mercs I owned. The key hadn't been used since the car was bought and somehow had "lost" the code to unlock the car. That is what the dealership told me anyway. They reprogrammed it for me FOC.
              CLK55 AMG Cabriolet

ex Estoril Blue Z3M Coupe

Comment

Working...
              X