z3 Art - who would like a poster ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z3 Art - who would like a poster ?

In my job I have some guys with very good talent for ilustrator..
    So in a exchange of a lunch I get this :P

From this original picture:

He made this:

A bigger version can be downloaded http://hugonow.planetaclix.pt/z3m.jpg

Very cool hein??

can the colour be changed?

i think pheonix would look good!!

Comment

That looks very cool.......

Anyone know how much it'd cost to get that printed out onto A3? :)

Comment

B3N, I guess the colour can be changed in any photo editor, but I dont know how to do it.
        I can meanwhile ask to the guy that do this if is simple.
        If it is, I will ask him to do it in all Mcoupe colours I know and I will post them here.
        about the size, I print this in A3 size and looks amazing, and he tells me that the picture can be printed even in A1 whithout losing quality!! (not the jpeg, but the original illustrator file)
        :P

Comment

That looks mint!!

Well looks like I've got a new desktop backgound :wink:
          99T Estoril Blue, Sunroof, HK Speakers, Cruise
          Read my M Coupe experience @ Auto-Journals.com

Comment

Originally posted by BMK
            That looks very cool.......

Anyone know how much it'd cost to get that printed out onto A3? :)
            Not very much ;)

If the guy can save in all the colours available I can do a run of 50 on board and send out if theres enough interest (need hi res pdfs tho) They would look cool.

Comment

Originally posted by B3N

Ben,

Here y'a go :!:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...z3mphoenix.jpg

To do this you need to download the large image to your Mac, then open it in Photoshop. When it's open, you go Image > Adjustments > Replace Color, then you click the "sampler" icon on the blue colour on the car and then adjust the slider for saturation. Select the best colour of Estoril Blue and not the shadows or highlights of blue. To get Phoenix Yellow from the Estoril Blue of the original image, you need to move the slider almost to the extreme left. When you've got the colour exactly to your taste, you then save. You'll then need to go back to the image to "paint' the BMW propellor decals blue again.
              /// Exdos ///
              "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

wicked thanks John!

thats my new background too!

Comment

50 on A3 350 Matt art would cost a mere £1.35 each plus P&P.

Comment

ill take one in pheonix!

Comment

That's brilliant! :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Broccers
                        50 on A3 350 Matt art would cost a mere £1.35 each plus P&P.
                        I'll have a blue one, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by exdos
                          Originally posted by B3N

Ben,

Here y'a go :!:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...z3mphoenix.jpg

To do this you need to download the large image to your Mac, then open it in Photoshop. When it's open, you go Image > Adjustments > Replace Color, then you click the "sampler" icon on the blue colour on the car and then adjust the slider for saturation. Select the best colour of Estoril Blue and not the shadows or highlights of blue. To get Phoenix Yellow from the Estoril Blue of the original image, you need to move the slider almost to the extreme left. When you've got the colour exactly to your taste, you then save. You'll then need to go back to the image to "paint' the BMW propellor decals blue again.

It would be better to change the colour in the original .ai file - that way the artwork will still be in a vector format and can be printed out at any size with no degredation in quality.

If you go down the Photoshop route, the image will be rasterised, and if you then try to print at a larger size, the quality will suffer. Exdos, try resaving with no compression - there's a lot of Jpeg 'snot' on that image.

hugogt - did your colleague create that from scratch, or start by using Adobe Streamline?
                          If its the former, he's done a very good job!
                          Then: S50 Estoril Blue.
                          Now: Audi B5 S4 Avant

Comment

from what I see he only use adobe illustrator.
                            He open the original photo and using layers (i guess) he alternate the picture with the drawing until completion.
                            I will have the original .ai file only wednesday (he took same days off).
                            I can them upload the file to one of you guys so you can work the file.
                            The file has about 45mb.

My only request is that you dont delete his signature from the drawing.

Comment

Originally posted by optionclick
                              If you go down the Photoshop route, the image will be rasterised, and if you then try to print at a larger size, the quality will suffer. Exdos, try resaving with no compression - there's a lot of Jpeg 'snot' on that image.
                              Again, I'm only a "dabbler" when it comes to computers, but I get by. I had to get an image size of less than 1mb to get it hosted on Photobucket, so I compressed it so Ben could download something and see how he could also get the MC in the image in Phoenix Yellow. The original Raw image was over 10Mb.
                              /// Exdos ///
                              "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Working...
                              X