parkers website prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parkers website prices

i usually find that the parkers website is a pretty good guide for car prices but they always seem to be way off the mark for the MC.

has this always been the case?

an example is an 02 plate on the bmw website up for sale at £22,995 (39k miles on it). according to parkers this car should be approx. £18795 from a franchised dealer.

how come they are underestimating the prices by so much for the MC?
    "this space for rent!"

it does'nt take into account how rare they are!

they have always been way off!

Comment

yes, it has been mentioned many times before.

Parkers obviously do not take into account the fact that the MC is a low production car which is in demand and has held money well in comparison to a similar mileage/age/condition M Roadster, E36 M3 and in some cases E46 M3's

When I was considering selling I had a guy try and convince me it was criminal for me/us(owners) to over value my car as if he bought it and had to make an insurance claim he would not recieve the full amount,

this was his argument for me to reduce the price!

I laughed at him.... a lot :!:
      Ex 'V3RY M - MCoupe track monster'
      New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
        When I was considering selling I had a guy try and convince me it was criminal for me/us(owners) to over value my car as if he bought it and had to make an insurance claim he would not recieve the full amount,
        Which is a load of crap as we all know, mark MC got good money for his didnt he, as has everyone else who has written the poor buggers off! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! :wink:

Comment

do you guys think that that 02 plate car i mentioned above at £22995 is a reasonable price or shoud it be nearer £20k?

obviously it'll be a bit pricier cause it's a dealer giving (i think) a 6 month bmw warranty with their approved used cars.

do you think that phoenix MC on the bmw site with 3k on it will ever sell at £29k :shock:
          "this space for rent!"

Comment

if i had £30k spare i would really think about it!

but to be honest i would feel guilty using it!
            It was up for £34k!

for £23k i would rather have the one at munich legends!

Comment

and while i'm at it what's folks opinions on the prices/condition of these two cars on pistonheads?

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/92466.htm

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/85949.htm

i do really fancy an MC but i'm just finding it hard to get my head around buying an older car than i currently have (MY03 S2k) with no warranty. i think i'm feeling like this cause i've always bought new or nearly new cars. the MC seems pretty solid though so i'm trying to change my mindset on this!
              "this space for rent!"

Comment

Originally posted by billy
                do you guys think that that 02 plate car i mentioned above at £22995 is a reasonable price or shoud it be nearer £20k?

obviously it'll be a bit pricier cause it's a dealer giving (i think) a 6 month bmw warranty with their approved used cars.

do you think that phoenix MC on the bmw site with 3k on it will ever sell at £29k :shock:
                Billy that is not a bad price for a dealer car I that will be a years warranty I would imagine.

I think Munich Legends have a couple of M coupes and you know they will be good cars!

the £29k car? may sell to someone who is loaded and wants it for their collection but not at 29k!

I reckon you will see that dip and sell around 26 or 27!
                New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

seem a bit over the top, i would say about £1-2k cheaper on both of them!

Comment

Originally posted by B3N
                    seem a bit over the top, i would say about £1-2k cheaper on both of them!
                    that's what i was thinking too. even though the estoril one does have the gruppe-m etc on it.

the silver one was up at £20.5k for the past couple of weeks iirc!
                    "this space for rent!"

Comment

I said that 30k one would never sell and you all caned me for it.

In 10 months time it'll be the same price as a used z4 mcoupe, then what are they gonna do with it?

Regardless of how mint it is, it's still a second hand car, in a less than popular colour(I do like it myself though) and of a model type that has very niche appeal.
                      I can't see how it's worth more than 26k.

Still, if they help keep the prices up who am I to complain?
                      S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

yeah but yours doesnt have 3,000 miles!

at lets all remember its mainly down to hexagon that prices are so hi, i remember looking at an estoril T reg for £23k! granted it was almost two years ago but that was the cheapest!

hell who cares the cars great, if you really want one then you'll pay for whatever the car is worth!
                        if you want a nice new car then buy one!

Comment

Billy wehave just bought an S2k and I should be picking it up this evening!

go for the MC you will not be dissapointed
                          New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

Parkers price guide a load of bollox.

Use a proper guide like glass's guide.

I have sold 6 cars in the last two years and the market values that parkers quite for sellers in WAY off.....ie too high!

Glass's guide is more of a representation!

Comment

Originally posted by B3N
                              hell who cares the cars great, if you really want one then you'll pay for whatever the car is worth!
                              Absolutley - who cares? As a general rule money will be lost on (modern) cars, that's life.
                              I don't worry about the depreciation (my wife wishes i did!! )
                              Drive the bloody things while there's space on the roads and petrol in the pumps!!
                              The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
                              RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Working...
                              X