Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heel & Toe

Anyone do this in the MCoupe :?:
    After a succession of cars with amiable pedal layouts the MCoupe seems a little awkward... the accel pedal is too far forward in relation to the brake pedal. I can heel & toe when braking very hard but would like to all the time.
    Thought it might be a peculiarity of the floor mounted accel pedal but just had a 1 - series for a week and heel & toe was a breeze.
    Are there any known adjustments to make this easier in the MCoupe?

Andy,

I would suggest fitting Hartge or Schnitzer aluminium pedal plates to your car.

The addition of a extra 5mm thickness to the throttle pedal made my pedals a LOT easier to modulate.

Ta, Will

Comment

Does it look odd with just one ally pedal? Thought about doing this and also a full set of ally pedals but with a thickness (say 6mm) of MDF or similar between the accel pedal and ally!

Comment

You replace the rubber covers on the brake and clutch pedals so you get no increase in height of these pedals, whereas the accelerator pedal sits on top. Therefore, this raises the height of the accelerator, making heel & toe possible.

/// Exdos ///
        "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Practice there is a nack too it in the mcoupe but it can be done with ease.

Otherwise go buy some grip tape or 800grit wet and dry paper take of the rubber pad on the break pedal and stick on the grip tape or the wet and dry which you have cut to shape of the pedal jod done far better then wasting your money on any fancy pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ANIMAL
            Practice there is a nack too it in the mcoupe but it can be done with ease.

Otherwise go buy some grip tape or 800grit wet and dry paper take of the rubber pad on the break pedal and stick on the grip tape or the wet and dry which you have cut to shape of the pedal jod done far better then wasting your money on any fancy pedals.
            Does that come in English? :wink:

Practice is probably the best way though, but I've found it's not a particularly easy car to do it on especially compared to a 205GTi which is VERY easy to do.

Comment

EEeee now i see how the ally pedals help, thanks Exodus !!!
              Boy do they look the dog's danglies too - i like a bit of 2 for 1
              Will order something soon.
              Started heeling and toeing out of necessity 'bout 5 years ago in my old TVR, without heeling and toeing i could easily get the back end to step out on down changes, :shock: well scary !

Comment

Just picked up a S50 Imola today! http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/199157.htm

Having the same heel toe problems. I learnt the hard way having spun my RX at rockingham by locking the rears on a downshift.

Can amyone confirm the add on pedals make it easier?

Rob
                '94 Mazda RX-7 - SOLD
                '98 MC S50 Imola Red with chrome

Comment

Its not easy at all. I spent a good while during the day organised by coupefan at Prodrive with an instructor trying to get the knack. He ended up saying 'here let me show you' and proceeded to agree its a nightmare.

Sorting your pedals as stated above is the only way forward.

Comment

Weird, to me M Coupe has always been very easy.
                    S50 - '99 Imola Red/Red-Black
                    Mods - KW V3, Powerflex Bushes, Wiechers Strut Brace, H&R ARBs, FOX exhaust, KT4 New Racer 18" wheels, Pagid racing brake pads (yellow), Motul rfb600 racing fuids, untill now ;)

Comment

I fitted pedals from John Skaggs - he does a special heel and toe version.

See this article:-

http://www.mz3.net/articles/189.html

It has certainly made heel and toeing much easier and the pedals are very smart too.
                      Col N.
                      Life is not a rehearsal !

Porsche Cayenne S
                      ex Audi S4 Avant
                      ex 2001 S54 Titanium, Black
                      ex Porsche 968

Comment

I'm new to suppliers of kit for MC's. Are there any you'd recommend? Have tried an ebay seller already to only be asked 'is that an E36 you're driving?' Nooo, an M Coupe. I've had no reply after that.

Are there any independent garages in the Berkshire area that are experts on the mc?
                        '94 Mazda RX-7 - SOLD

Comment

These will fit:
                          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A-C-Schnitzer-...QQcmdZViewItem

Just check with the seller that there are 12 screws and nuts to fit, since they don't appear in his photo.
                          /// Exdos ///
                          "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Kelleners offers good pedals also.
                            S50 - '99 Imola Red/Red-Black
                            Mods - KW V3, Powerflex Bushes, Wiechers Strut Brace, H&R ARBs, FOX exhaust, KT4 New Racer 18" wheels, Pagid racing brake pads (yellow), Motul rfb600 racing fuids, untill now ;)

Comment

For Sale - Heel-Toe Pedals and heel guard

I had these custom made in the summer but unfortunately got involved in a serious accident so never fitted them to the M Coupe. It's unlikely the car is repairable and unlikely I'll get another M Coupe and as you can see these aren't all that suited to any other car!

Offers around £140 would cover the costs. All fixings included.
                              Attached Files
                              '94 Mazda RX-7 - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X