Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracker UK- Avoid where possible

http://www.bm3w.co.uk/ubbthreads/sho...&page=0#460828

Worrying thread considering I know a few of you have these trackers.

I added my piece in that thread.

Rags

Access is members only

''

Comment

Think I've tried a couple of times in the past to join that forum but can't ever seems to get past the registration.

Comment

Apologies, seems you cannot access the forum unless you are signed up...

Anyway,
        One owners problem.

I have to report this to you guys. A warning about their total incompetence.

Tracker Monitor system already fitted to my car - purchased July 2006. Re-Registered it with Tracker at end of July with no problem and paid my £149 over phone.

Nothing received from Tracker by late August, so rang them. They then sent a Registration Cert, saying activated 24/08. One month of no cover ? What happened if the car was nicked before then ?

Still no Membership pack, Invoice or anything.

Rang them also on 24/08 to advise the car was being taken on low loader to Newcastle area - 350 miles. Bloke in the Control room simply answers the phone 'Ello' - no greeting, no mention of Tracker Call Centre - how may i help you sir, yes this is the world renowned Tracker network - guaranteed to get you car back ?

They then did not ask for any ID - (i could have been a thief, testing them before nicking the car?) When I challenged the Call Centre, they said, no problem, we will ring you when it moves, just to check. It's their 'standard procedure'.

No Call came.

Car stayed at BMW dealer until 8th Sept, when it was taken again by low loader 350 miles. I deliberately did not call them. No activation phone call from Tracker. Worrying.

Tried to ring them ever since to get system checked as it clearly does not work. Never answer their phones, always busy and I leave messages that are never returned.

Eventually got through today. They advise - "you were not notified because you have not paid subscription fee of £149" ??

Checked Bank Account - yep £149 was taken late July.

Called em back to confirm this. They said, "Yes, you've paid. Not sure why you werent called, must be an internal error". They apologised ????? What happened if the car HAD been nicked ?

The car could have been stolen three times by now and i would be none the wiser.

What the F are Tracker about - i have no confidence in their service whatsoever ??

Anyone else have a similar experience - or any suggested course of action ? I am furious and feel like writing to one of the Motor Mags ?

This bunch of monkeys are recommended everywhere and by all the Police forces ? What a joke !

My Problem

OMG, the first post is exactly what happened to a mate of mine last week - he thinks its covered but will show him this thread........

Now onto me...

I also had a tracker in my m3 and their service and transfer of information between departments, if they have any, doesn't exist!

I bought my car which had 8months tracker subs remaining- what I thought would be a superb 'peace of mind option' and was fitted at BMW

Initially tracker agreed to swap it over to my name, since the previous owner had paid for it in full, some £400 quid all in.- sounds great eh!

Then they changed their mind, after I had purchased the car.

So I had to then pay a years subs, and then they agreed to refund the previous owner. We made a mutual agreement for him to send me the money.

Sounded great in theory, but this never happened and my car ended up being Tracker less.

Lucky I didn't renew the Tracker as I just didn't have much faith in their different advice from one customer service rep to another.

Idiots, incompetent and always use the excuse of ' a new system' - old data not traceable.

If they reduced the amount of money on their flyers and propaganda regarding how good they are, and channelled these funds into actually doing what it says on the tin, it would be nice.

Are they thieves or just incompetent?

Now, if they cannot manage simple invoicing and paperwork, how the [censored] can you put trust in these guys to track your car?

I wonder what their statistics are for recovered stolen cars versus cars that were not reported stolen?
        There were severel other instances of this. It seems Tracker just do not Track shit :shock: [/quote]

Comment

OMG, the first post is exactly what happened to a mate of mine last week - he thinks its covered but will show him this thread........
          Is this me by any chance mate?

Yeah I agree, useless firm and if the car didnt already have it fitted and I hadn't already paid for a years sub, then I really wouldnt bother with them.....

Further to that, I eventually got things sorted out over the phone and have someone comming round Saturday to do a 'Tracker Audit'. I wont be that surprised if no one was to turn up. :roll:
          (If that is what happens, I of course will be seeking legal action!)

Comment

Originally posted by BMK
            Is this me by any chance mate?

Yeah I agree, useless firm and if the car didnt already have it fitted and I hadn't already paid for a years sub, then I really wouldnt bother with them.....

Further to that, I eventually got things sorted out over the phone and have someone comming round Saturday to do a 'Tracker Audit'. I wont be that surprised if no one was to turn up. :roll:
            (If that is what happens, I of course will be seeking legal action!)
            Yep, I was referring to you mate.

If it goes tits up, it may be worth getting a refund and doing RAC trackstar?

Comment

''

Comment

Watchdog may be an idea.

Comment

Watchdog may be an idea.

Comment

Trouble with trackers though, is that even if they do work, and your car is found, then it will be registered as stolen recovered and all of a sudden worth far less to sell on.

If you are lucky, it will have been stolen to order and left somewhere secluded to see if it had a tracker, if not then all your trim could have benn ripped to **** looking for it, or it could have been thrashed to hell and back by joyriders.

Aren't modern BMW's with immobilisers xalmost impossible to nick without the keys anyway (baring cutting the handbrake cable and rolling it onto a low-loader)?

Comment

Originally posted by biggusladdus
                      Trouble with trackers though, is that even if they do work, and your car is found, then it will be registered as stolen recovered and all of a sudden worth far less to sell on.

If you are lucky, it will have been stolen to order and left somewhere secluded to see if it had a tracker, if not then all your trim could have benn ripped to **** looking for it, or it could have been thrashed to hell and back by joyriders.

Aren't modern BMW's with immobilisers xalmost impossible to nick without the keys anyway (baring cutting the handbrake cable and rolling it onto a low-loader)?
                      Well thats the point of the tracker......

Comment

[quote="Rags"]
                        Well thats the point of the tracker......
                        My point is, whats the point of a tracker?

If they don't work you lose the car anyway, and if they do, you potentially lose thousands on the resale value of the car, and may need to claim on the insurance anyway to repair damage.

Comment

Believe that any you'll believe anything. This is something thing that insurers would be very happy for you to believe but it's rubbish. Have a look at:

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.08/carkey_pr.html

I'm sure that the security on modern BMWs has similar flaws.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                          X