PDA

View Full Version : Synter High Wycombe - Good/bad?

AJL
13-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Just wondering if anyone had used the above stealer? my car may need some warranty work possibly and a oil service.

Cheers

BEN
13-10-2006, 01:59 PM
most sytner dealers seem to have a good rep!

ill be using harold wood for my bits before the warrantys up

AJL
13-10-2006, 02:15 PM
I was thinking they maybe a better bet than coppers in Reading that have been OK in the past but not that great..

sday12
13-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Always had great service / no quibble warranty work from Sytners Harold Wood :D

Neil_M
13-10-2006, 02:30 PM
''

Trundler
13-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Ref the oil service, their price was approx £250 when i rang - it didn't compare favourably to other dealer quotes, by about £100!

AJL
13-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Ref the oil service, their price was approx £250 when i rang - it didn't compare favourably to other dealer quotes, by about £100!

Ouch! I was expecting about 150!

Trundler
13-10-2006, 10:20 PM
If you're contemplating Sytners in H/W, then how about the dealer in Taplow, not sure of name and i've not used them, yet.

//Edit: Stratstones 01628 680300

AJL
17-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Went for Synter high wycombe in the end will report back when she comes out!

£39 for a mechanical and safety check to try and find any warranty items which i thought was not too bad! doubt its that in depth though..

Think i have a spring coming through the seat as well :shock:

Oil service is £199 but i am not getting this done quite yet as still have 2 lights left..

exdos
17-10-2006, 04:13 PM
AJL,

With the S54, you'll find that the Oil service and Inspection intervals come at around every 12,000 miles, or so. IMO, that's far too long to make your oil last, especially when it's given a hard time in a performance car engine driven in anger for much of the time. If I were you, I'd follow the old adage "oil is cheaper than metal" and change the oil midway between the expiry of all the green lights. Find an Indy garage to do the job for you and save yourself a shed load of money.

AJL
17-10-2006, 04:18 PM
AJL,

With the S54, you'll find that the Oil service and Inspection intervals come at around every 12,000 miles, or so. IMO, that's far too long to make your oil last, especially when it's given a hard time in a performance car engine driven in anger for much of the time. If I were you, I'd follow the old adage "oil is cheaper than metal" and change the oil midway between the expiry of all the green lights. Find an Indy garage to do the job for you and save yourself a shed load of money.
Wow 12k i knew the service intervals where longer but not that long! think on my old s50 it was around 7k..

I will change the oil at a indy then again when the lights have gone out thanks for the advice.

exdos
17-10-2006, 04:34 PM
I will change the oil at a indy then again when the lights have gone out thanks for the advice.
My S54 recently had it's very first Inspection 1 at just over 25000 miles on the clock and this is with most of the journeys being on the twisties and driven for fun :twisted: 8) :shock:

It's also had one scheduled Oil service and 2 other oil changes that I've done in between, and that's all it's had done in over 3 years of my ownership (I bought it aged 15months old with 3600 on the clock)

AJL
01-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Very impressed with this dealer. No problem with warranty jobs or questioning whether they are covered..

indy
13-09-2011, 03:51 PM
random one, but these lot put my brothers car through a car wash (after he strictly explained to them, to NOT wash the car) and ended up damaging/ripping off the sideskirt/arch trim, then tried to blame it on him, and say it was already like that before!!!

after much moaning, and a walk around their car wash area, found the trim that was missing, damaged.

says it all! :o

all that, just to get a shitty BMW stamp in the book to keep up the "BMW history"
which means almost fuck all, once the warranty has expired. :Yawn:

this isnt the only bad dealer experience we have had!

Ravydavy
08-10-2011, 08:31 AM
AJL,

This is why I do oil and filter changes myself in-between BMW services on my 335d. 20k miles on the same oil. I don't Think so. Bloody crackers. But you would have thought they know best.