PDA

View Full Version : Prestige German Motors Jarrow

markolambo
19-04-2007, 07:55 PM
I have just had an Inspection 1 at Prestige German Motors in Jarrow at a total cost of £291, which is £450 cheaper than Fawdingtons the Main Dealer in Newcastle.

This garage also sponsors the North East BMW owners club and came highly recommended.

I cannot understand why people use main dealers, PGM provided a detailed report of all work done and stamped the books and did not propose unnessary work. I would recommend them to anyone in the North East.

8-)

daviddunn
10-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Just a quick query, was you ZM still under warranty? Mine is and I too am loathed to pay near £700 for an Insp 1!

markolambo
11-05-2007, 04:57 PM
David, my car was not under warranty but even if it was I would still not use the main dealer.

The main reason being that I expect the saving differential between the dealer and the independant and the amount of business miles I do make it more cost effective to go to an Indy.

John from Prestige is a BMW Master Techniction and when I was there there were alot of M baged cars there. He also sponsors NE BMW Club so his reputation is high. He gets his parts from mill bmw in sunderland.

I would no longer purchase a warranty, I would rather keep the money in the bank and just pay the bills as they come in.

How's your car going?

regards

daviddunn
12-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Booked in for next Friday at Prestige so will let you knw how things go. Did you get a discount for being in the BMW NE club? I was quoted £320+vat (not that I'm complaining against a dealer price of £680!)