Forum meets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum meets

I know this doesn't need saying but I will just in case. A guy I know who I've done a bit of work for in the past lost control of his car when on a meet and hit a motorcyclist. The guy on the bike is not in a good way and has apparently permanent damage to his right arm.

The punishment for this is 12 months inside and a 3 year ban and more importantly the remorse which will never go away.

Not good for all concerned.

Stay safe.

What was the nature of the meet?
    Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

''

Comment

Re: Forum meets

Originally posted by Broccers
        I know this doesn't need saying but I will just in case. A guy I know who I've done a bit of work for in the past lost control of his car when on a meet and hit a motorcyclist. The guy on the bike is not in a good way and has apparently permanent damage to his right arm.

The punishment for this is 12 months inside and a 3 year ban and more importantly the remorse which will never go away.

Not good for all concerned.

Stay safe.
        We are having a NW mini meet in about a fortnight so adding to Broccers' post, the meet is about checking out some beautiful driving roads and picking up some skills from the 'learned ones'. Its not a race or a licence to break the law so lets be careful.
        Cheers
        Greenbat

Ex MC Owner

Comment

Originally posted by Neil M
          Originally posted by coupe fan
          The nature of the meet was bloody painful for the biker because the numpty in the car probably didn't pay enough attention to his observation of traffic. Nett result biker in a bad way.

Moral of the meet is car drivers should be treating observation the way bikers do - we learn to be more careful with 'lifesaver observations' because it does what it says on the can, saves our lives because a majority of drivers don't bother.

This is drilled into you by every instructor from your CBT right through to any bike course taken after you have passed your test.
          Tis good to do the bike test, taught me a lot about observation in a car

Feel sorry for all involved in this Broccers.
          looking

Comment

Originally posted by Neil M
            The nature of the meet was bloody painful for the biker because the numpty in the car probably didn't pay enough attention to his observation of traffic. Nett result biker in a bad way.

Moral of the meet is car drivers should be treating observation the way bikers do - we learn to be more careful with 'lifesaver observations' because it does what it says on the can, saves our lives because a majority of drivers don't bother.

This is drilled into you by every instructor from your CBT right through to any bike course taken after you have passed your test.
            On a different note.....

.,..what about the Bikers who overtake traffic on the inside on Motorways, what about these guys? What if drivers makes a mistake and clips one?

Bikers are too quick to point the finger at drivers lack of observation but split second movements and dashes through traffic from bikes don't help matters.

Comment

ops:
              looking

Comment

''

Comment

Stop being pedantic Neil, I am sure he isn't illustrating the point to be taught the highway code.....

It amazes me that Bikers on one hand claim that drivers have a lack of observation and then on the other hand they are prepared to effectively undertake cars on dual carriageways and motorways.

I try to ensure I do not rely on mirrors at all and turn my head a lot, but you have to look at the majority of drivers and ride with that in mind.

If you think drivers don't use the correct observation, then don't wriggle in and out of traffic, its an accident waiting to happen.

Comment

ops: again
                    looking

Comment

How to win friends and influence people Neil.

Comment

Boys, boys, boys.

NeilM you do like a ruck don't you - and your sig makes me laugh. :mrgreen:

Back to the topic, I missed one important part out - posts on a forum were used as evidence against this individual and taken completely out of context. Now, as most of you, I hope, have forum urls on your cars if you do have an incident there will be eyes looking on here.

On this particular subject you might want a read of this thread on PH.

Clicky

Comment

Interesting read, thanks for the link
                          looking

Comment

Now, as most of you, I hope, have forum urls on your cars if you do have an incident there will be eyes looking on here.
                            I never advertise so no connection there.

As for Pistonheads, they do have more than their fair share of complete twats. Forget the subject, let's get personal, sort of thing.
                            It was no big deal, car driver makes a mistake at speed and loses control, (happens to hit a bike seriously injuring rider but that was bad luck not deliberate).
                            No different IMO to car driver turns left at lights at 10 mph without indicating and wipes out bike (most drivers are incompetent, braindead and beyond their capabilities even within the speed limits - the driving test is a joke and we do not have compulsory periodic retesting yet)

At the other end of the ability scale, it is a natural to want to push your performance car towards its limits (and your own). I personally have no time for the politically correct apologists.

Reduce urban speed limits to 20/25mph from 30, where pedestrians are involved. Bring in 110mph limit on selected motorways (where pedestrians are not). Bring in the german law here whereby you have to, by law, give way immediately to a faster car on the motorway - if not, YOU get pulled, not the faster car. Make everybody retest within 5 years on a new tough test - nobody seems to have sussed out that this would be a great way of significantly reducing the number of cars on the road, and so on.

Rearrange the whole concept of driving. Upgrade the average driving standard instead of constantly downgrading it to the level of 85 year olds, Stepford wives and those with one overexercised braincell. Only my opinion of course.
                            Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Now, as most of you, I hope, have forum urls on your cars if you do have an incident there will be eyes looking on here.
                              I never advertise so no connection there.

As for Pistonheads, they do have more than their fair share of complete twats. Forget the subject, let's get personal, sort of thing.
                              It was no big deal, car driver makes a mistake at speed and loses control, (happens to hit a bike seriously injuring rider but that was bad luck not deliberate).
                              No different IMO to car driver turns left at lights at 10 mph without indicating and wipes out bike (most drivers are incompetent, braindead and beyond their capabilities even within the speed limits - the driving test is a joke and we do not have compulsory periodic retesting yet)

At the other end of the ability scale, it is a natural to want to push your performance car towards its limits (and your own). I personally have no time for the politically correct apologists.

Reduce urban speed limits to 20/25mph from 30, where pedestrians are involved. Bring in 110mph limit on selected motorways (where pedestrians are not). Bring in the german law here whereby you have to, by law, give way immediately to a faster car on the motorway - if not, YOU get pulled, not the faster car. Make everybody retest within 5 years on a new tough test - nobody seems to have sussed out that this would be a great way of significantly reducing the number of cars on the road, and so on.

Rearrange the whole concept of driving. Upgrade the average driving standard instead of constantly downgrading it to the level of 85 year olds, Stepford wives and those with one overexercised braincell. Only my opinion of course.
                              Erm David that is commonsense therefore totally a non starter. Get real.

I had the suspension on my car sorted due to damage caused by terrible roads in my area (local stealers investigated by BMW for more than average claims) for the second time in 3 years. That wouldn't be considered as a cause of an accident.

The system looks to penalise those that can pay and makes an example of them. However, those who can't stump up who get caught with no license get banned for 2 years. Now lets think about that - a person with NO LICENSE gets a ban. Hmm.

I could rant on for hours and every word as legally abiding individuals we would all agree with but at the end of the day they dont care about us - we are the fools that pay into the pot bailing out GB PLC.

Comment

Working...
                              X