birthplace of Mcoupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birthplace of Mcoupe

I heard a rumour that the M Coupe was born in the USA? Can anyone confirm?!

It was built in North Carolina with engine/drivetrain coming from Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
      It was built in North Carolina with engine/drivetrain coming from Germany.
      Close. Built in South Carolina (Spartanburg) with driveline sourced from German. The factory also produces the X3, X5, and the Z4.

Every year the factory does a Z3/Z4 homecoming at the end of the summer and hundreds of cars visit from all over north america. Last year was the 10 year anniversary and we got a visit from Chris Bangle and the director of BMW Engineering (Professor - Doctor something or other, I forget his name)

Comment

There's a (scanned) report in my gallery of the engine plant that builds the S54.

The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
        RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Originally posted by clintjg View Post
          Close. Built in South Carolina (Spartanburg) with driveline sourced from German. The factory also produces the X3, X5, and the Z4.

Every year the factory does a Z3/Z4 homecoming at the end of the summer and hundreds of cars visit from all over north america. Last year was the 10 year anniversary and we got a visit from Chris Bangle and the director of BMW Engineering (Professor - Doctor something or other, I forget his name)
          any idea what day this is and how to join?

Comment

Homecoming 08

Do a search for BMW North America(NA) and mail customer relations for details of this years spartanburg HC.
            safetyfast

Comment

Z Homecoming

It says Z Roadster, but M Coupes attend as well :)

Official Site
              http://www.bmwroadsterhomecoming.com/

Panoramic Photo:
              http://www.bmwroadsterhomecoming.com/panoramic.php
              Last edited by Mcoupe.com; 10-05-2008, 12:54 AM.
              2006 ///M3
              MysticBlue::BlackLeather::6mt
              Stock 343bhp : click for picts

///Z3M
              PhoenixYellow::BlackLeather::5mt
              AASC 550bhp : click for picts

www.Mcoupe.com

Comment

Working...
              X