Magny-Cour best grandstand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magny-Cour best grandstand

Arranged a driving trip to France in June which will take in the French GP at Magny-Cour. With not having been to this circuit before any ideas on best grandstand/vantage points?

Moving on down to look at Millau Bridge afterways and drive above the clouds!!
    Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
    2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
    1986 M635
    1985 E28 M5
    1983 E28 528i Alpina

Sounds fantastic Pete,

Always thinking about doing something like this but never seem to get around to arranging it.

should be a good one!

Dave
    EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
    Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

Comment

Hmm not sure. I drove the circuit in my 7 2 or 3 years ago and you probably get a pretty good view from the grandstands on either of the Adelaide hairpins. Or maybe the ones right at the start of the pit straight coming out of the last corner. They're the ones you notice when you're driving anyway

When are you at Millau? We've got a big driving holiday cum DVD filming trip in June and will be there 26th/27th in the MC with cameras attached
      www.tracking-shot.com

Comment

We are going to be based about an hour from Millau. Be there earlier in the week (23rd to 25th) and leaving to return to UK on the 26th. You never know may see you on the road!
        Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
        1985 E28 M5
        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Will probably just miss you but will keep an eye out We're driving the Gorge du Tarn on the 27th on the way across to Millau then doing the bridge probably first thing on the 28th as we head back north

Anyway, found this on an F1 ticket site:

Viewing quality
          Grandstands and general enclosures offer a full show. In Grandstand C you will find and ideal view of the starting grid, pit lane action and the podium. At the L stand a great view of the Adelaide hairpin with all its overtaking actions, and of the Château d'Eau turn. Grandstand A is located at the remodelled pit lane entry. The stands G through to K over a decent view of the cars taking the chicane from different angles. Gradins Est is an ideal spot for viewing braking action and powerful overtaking manouvres, and Enceint golf offers a 60% of view of the track and a very friendly atmosphere

HTH
          www.tracking-shot.com

Comment

Cheers Twink,

I'd already had been thinking about Adelaide hairpin grandstand (L) from what I'd gleaned up to now as it gives a good view of other parts of the circuit aswell apparently. I'll probably decide over next day or so and order the tickets. This might just reinforce that idea.

The offical site isn't the best by any means.
            Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
            1985 E28 M5
            1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Working...
            X