PDA

View Full Version : Good Indy in West Yorkshire?

Wav
14-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm going ooop north to see my folks for a long weekend next week and will also require an inspection 1 at around about the same time. Can anyone recommend a good indy in the West Yorkshire area? Killing two birds with one stone would be good because I hate taking time off work unnecessarily.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

chopper
14-03-2009, 10:13 AM
B&M Care are probably the biggest, near Leeds.

I've only had an oil service done there so can't really comment but they have been mentioned on here before.

www.bmservicing.com

Dr. N
14-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Killing two birds with one stone would be good because I hate taking time off work unnecessarily.

What do you do? - wax Kylie's arse for a living or something?! LOL :lol:

Wav
14-03-2009, 12:09 PM
What do you do? - wax Kylie's arse for a living or something?! LOL :lol:

Something like that:drool5::arf:

Cheers,

Paul:lol:

Wav
14-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Have called B&M care and they can do it next Friday for £280+vat. The girl on the phone was just quoting from a book by the sounds of it and she said that they did NOT require the car overnight. The price is good if that includes the pukka castrol 10w60 oil... just a little dubious that is all regarding the valve clearance check or lack of.

Paul

Dr. N
14-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Have called B&M care and they can do it next Friday for £280+vat. The girl on the phone was just quoting from a book by the sounds of it and she said that they did NOT require the car overnight. The price is good if that includes the pukka castrol 10w60 oil... just a little dubious that is all regarding the valve clearance check or lack of.

Paul

Hi Paul,

No valve clearances in inspection 1. It's just a glorified oil change!

Very little work is actually done, but the important point is having somebody knowledgeable do the final 'test drive' to spot anything that might need doing and is not included in the fluids service. Price is a little more expensive than my local indi, but I do live in the frozen wastes of the North East!! :thumbsup:

Nick

Fat Tony
29-09-2011, 06:19 PM
My experience with the guys at Autohaus Diagnostics in York has so far been excellent. Both the lads have loads of experience as BMW Master and Senior technicians, really nice workshop setup and great blokes who haven't minded me hanging around asking daft questions about what they've been up to with the car. Prices circa £50 per hour.

http://www.autohausdiagnostics.co.uk/about.htm

01904 769100

chopper
29-09-2011, 06:55 PM
That's good to know, I'll be due an insp II in Spring, Stratstone BMW (Doncaster) offer a significant discount for older cars, I'm in 2 minds whether to go main dealer or indy.

Dave P
29-09-2011, 08:32 PM
worth a mention in the good dealers section?