Bluetooth pairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth pairing

This will sound daft. Just picked up my Z4 MC today and im having problems pairing my Nokia 5800 with the bluetooth kit. Ive tried the instrictions in the manual with the car which is the same as in an E46 M3 ie ignition to stage 0 press phone button for 3 seconds, then ignition to stage 1 keeping finger on phone button for another 3 seconds. This doesnt work.

Ive seen on the Z4 forum that the literature with the car is wrong and you need to press the R/T button once at which point radio will display activate phone and you then search for the BMW bluettoth on your phone. Well this doesnt work either.

Any suggestions / help appreciated.

Incientally the car I have has Satnav if that makes a difference.

Other than that I love it - much better than the E46 M3 I traded in, and to be honest shit loads better than the Z3 MC I had about 3 years back.

Originally posted by physco1234 View Post
    and to be honest shit loads better than the Z3 MC I had about 3 years back.
    Careful mrs. Can of worms etc.
    Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Originally posted by physco1234 View Post
      and to be honest shit loads better than the Z3 MC I had about 3 years back.
      Got to but there appears to be a lot of biased owners of the old one on here

As for your pairing issues, sounds like you're doing things right. Have you tried deleting all devices first, ie hold the R/T button for 10 seconds until it beeps.

Once you've done that then turn on the phone bluetooth and try again

Key at position 0 - hold R/T (in fold down centre cubby thing) for 3 secs
      Turn key to poisition 1 keeping R/T pressed whilst you move the key and hold for a further 3 seconds. Whilst you do this the sat nav screen should pop up. then release the R/T button.

The screen should say pairing, then ask the phone to search for devices, it should fine the car, ask for the pass code, which should be on a laminated single sheet that came with the car. Input the pass key in the phone, the screen will say PAIRING DEVICES. It may then take a whilst to suck out your phone contacts, after a few mins it will then display all your contacts on the screen. Job done.

Hope that helps. One issue I have found is that it works better with some phones than others. It may be your Nokia isn't compatible. My current HTC isn't great and sometimes takes ages to connect. An old Ericson I had wouldn't connect at all, struggled with a first generation iphone too.
      Shunt
      Ex Z3MC 2000
      Ex Z4MC 2007
      Aston V8V
      M135i

Comment

Working...
      X