PDA

View Full Version : BMWorx?

Breesey
16-12-2009, 01:37 PM
I have read/heard some good things about these, and have spoken to them on the phone for their opinion on something, and they sounded both knowledgeable and also not desperate to get my car straight in there to fleece me for cash!

http://www.bmworx.co.uk/

Just curious if anyone knows of or, better still, has used them?

Breesey
03-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Well, a less than overwhelming response from this forum but, as I'd read plenty of other good things elsewhere on the net, I took the plunge anyway. Inspection 2 with brake fluid, Rogue top mounts and Earls braided clutch hose fitted.

Have to say, I can wholeheartedly recommend BMWorx. On arriving, there were 2 (and a half!) M3 race cars there along with some standard BM fare. Later found out that the race cars were all prepared by the owner Russ, with whom I had a good chat when I picked the car up.

He was very knowledgeable about the M series in particular, and seemed as happy as I am to talk cars...at 6.30 in the evening in the pee-ing rain and cold, I'd assume he would prefer to just get home and put his feet up, but was more than happy to chat cars. Also had a decent chat with Tim there who also knows his stuff and did a lot of the work on my car.

To top it all off, turns out Russ used to own an Imola MC and, much to my relief as it was the first time an expert has attended to my car, he said that mine is a good one! Needless to say, I will be going back there again :thumbsup:

Broccers
03-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Ask em for some forum prices and they may get busier :thumbsup:

Breesey
04-02-2010, 12:23 AM
They certainly weren't short of work and I thought the price they charged me for all that (including an MOT at £54 too actually) was pretty reasonable...just over £800. Also had an E39 as a free courtesy car too.

I will cetainly use them again so will see what sort of deal (if any) they can do for forum members. Just worth considering for anyone in that area...or even not in that area as I live in Swindon!

Now, before people start thinking I have shares in/am related to them, I will shut up!

Broccers
04-02-2010, 09:34 AM
A MOT at 40 pounds is reasonable but I'm sure they are great :cheers2: