Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z3MC Accusation of being a hairdresser's car

Hi All,

I took my car into work and they're all calling me a hairdresser. Being 26 I am clearly not in a mid-life crisis which must annoy them and they clearly have no idea about cars.

Does anyone know any witty retorts to this accusation? My current accusation is that hairdressers aren't really into cars over 300bhp without traction control!

Cheers

Welcome to the forum and apologies that your post was overlooked for 4 days.

Can't think of any smartarse remarks off the top of my head but I am sure somebody will.
    Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Originally posted by Drabbits View Post
      Hi All,

I took my car into work and they're all calling me a hairdresser. Being 26 I am clearly not in a mid-life crisis which must annoy them and they clearly have no idea about cars.

Does anyone know any witty retorts to this accusation? My current accusation is that hairdressers aren't really into cars over 300bhp without traction control!

Cheers
      I think the best solution is take them for a white knuckle ride in it to shut them up, especially in the wet.......Round a couple of roundabouts with the tail out should do it I reckon.

I used to get that from a bloke at work about my AMG being a taxi so I took him out in it around the local lanes and kicked it's head in.....He came back nearly crying and never mentioned it again.
      Last edited by fok; 18-05-2010, 09:07 PM.

Comment

What do they drive is the big question ?

Stick the two at a set of traffic lights and leave them in a big cloud of tyre smoke !

Considering there's less than 600 of them on the uk roads and not many/no hairdressers on this forum it sort of proves there theory wrong lol !

Can't imagine my hairdresser driving the coupe, wouldnt mind her sat next to me in it tho
        Previous: Silver s50 Mc
        Previous: Yellow s50 Mc
        -------------------------------------------
        Current: Estoril S50 Mc

Comment

They obviously don't know much about cars.

Comment

Just out of interest, any hairdressers/barbers on the forum?

Comment

No they're all here:

www.zroadster.net
              Ex S50 99 Cosmos Black / Black interior

Comment

Bit of a strange comment really, it's usually always the "softop" that gets that comment, Z3, Audi TT, MX5 etc. Never heard anyone using it for the Coupe as it's not that kind of car. They must be confused, have they seen the steel roof on it lol

Comment

Hi All,

Cheers
                  Clearly they do not understand the origin of such term. It is not a roadster so the comment is way on the side of the field...teach them that...and take them for a spin (and tell them to wear a helmet just in case they are afraid to what might happen to their hair...eheheh).
                  ///M Coupe 2001 S54 Steel Grey - Paulo M.
                  -------------------------------------------
                  ----- Sporting Clube Portugal - Forever -----

Comment

Yes, it probably proves whoever has said it knows very little about cars, espeically not the M Coupe. They have probably read many times reviews of the "BMW Z3" being a "hairdressers car" and assume it's all the same car.

Comment

blow dry

Whats wrong with hairdressers like.

Comment

Hi All,

Cheers
                        Jealousy / low intelligence / no knowledge is the source of these sorts of comments.

Ignore it.
                        Ex 2001 S54
                        New cars:
                        Lotus Carlton
                        350Z

Comment

They are a bit haidresser like............... Unless they are blue of coarse lol
                          99 Z3M COUPE, 05 530d M SPORT, 95 E36 328I COUPE TRACK HOUND (about to be sold) 91 78k MILES FBMWSH E30 318is RIGHTNESS:(now sold but never forgotten ) AND ONLY NONE BMW 68 MORRIS MINI COOPER S

Comment

I have to say that the thing I have disliked the most about owning the coupe is when someone asks me what car I have. The very second you say Z3 they have already formed an opinion about the car and are not even listening to the M Coupe bit at the end...

Comment

Originally posted by SilentBob View Post
                              I have to say that the thing I have disliked the most about owning the coupe is when someone asks me what car I have. The very second you say Z3 they have already formed an opinion about the car and are not even listening to the M Coupe bit at the end...
                              Yea, though technically the car is an "M Coupe", that's stamped on the car, but I think it was often called a variety of things in the press, Z3 M Coupe, MZ3 Coupe, Z3 Coupe M, M3 Coupe etc which causes confusion. Plus I think the Z4 M Coupe made it necessary to define the M Coupe as a Z3M Coupe.

I know this forum is z3mcoupe forum but it was known as the "M Coupe" by BMW.
                              Last edited by c_w; 19-05-2010, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X