Dyno tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno tomorrow!

Myself and IanMC are heading to the dyno tomorrow to see what the cars put out. Should be interesting.

I'll report back!

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

S50s? I'd be expecting early to mid 200s at the wheels.

Comment

Mine is an S50, Ian an s54.

One of our roadster friends S50s got 316.5,so I hope to beat it!

Comment

Yep, I think the factory figures were 321 and 325 respectively. First time on a RR so will be interesting to see the actual with a few miles on the clock.

See you later Martin.
        S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

You’re talking about flywheel figures. Dynos read WHP then factor back if you want a comparison to OEM claimed flywheel figs.

We seem to do that a lot here, but in the US and tuning circles, most talk is of real world power at the wheels. A stock S50 would be low to mid 200s at the wheels depending on the dyno I reckon. Although you can make a dyno read what you want if it’s all about bragging rights.

They all read differently too, some are generous, some are tight.....It’s all about enjoying the experience and doing like for like readings once tuning changes are made.

In the bike world we always talk RWHP, but it just doesn’t sound as impressive as flywheel power in the pub!

Enjoy chaps
          Last edited by fok; 17-02-2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Yeah there's a group of us go to the same dyno so we can compare numbers properly

My coupe got 310.8 which I'm very happy with. Ian can post his if he wishes

Comment

304.2 - might improve when the car is fully run in - or the airflow sensor replaced!
              S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Did they give you an at the wheels figure? I'd love to know if I'm on the money...

Comment

They didn't unfortunately!

Stacey's M Roadster will be next!

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
                    when the car is fully run in
                    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I think my s54 put down 267 bhp at the wheels on our "American" dynojet chassis dyno at work. For reference a 3.2 e36 puts around 253-257 from the various ones we have run over the years.

310 calculated and 304 doesn't sound too bad, but like Fok says depending on the oppo strapping and running the rollers they can be 'tweaked' somewhat. Comparing the other cars on the same day gives you an idea.

Comment

The only other M car was a friend's S50 roadster at the same dyno a couple of months ago which came out at 316.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnbrennan View Post
                          They didn't unfortunately!

Stacey's M Roadster will be next!
                          OK no worries, I was interested in figures from UK S50s as I never ran mine pre conversion. There's loads of figures posted online from M3 3.2 but not for UK MC or MR.

I know you need same dyno same day (and same car, to be fair ) for accurate comparisons but even ball park indications would be interesting none the less.

Jon_Bmw what do you reckon?
                          Last edited by fok; 18-02-2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

I dont know for sure but I'd have thought similar to the e36 m3 figures I posted above, perhaps fractionally down. The only one we have run other than mine was a v8 Roadster! V8 conversions must be as common as muck! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
                              We seem to do that a lot here, but in the US and tuning circles, most talk is of real world power at the wheels. A stock S50 would be low to mid 200s at the wheels depending on the dyno I reckon.
                              Figures I've seen for 3.2s are around 255-265bhp at wheels which sound about right. Wouldn't expect more than 50bhp loss(?).

Comment

Working...
                              X