No announcement yet.

Active members dropping............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about some forum bulk discount buys on things to get things up and running again? I would happily look at options around:

Car Cover
    Boot Strutts (Haven't pressed 'buy' yet)
    Panels (varying ones)
    Outside Temp Gauge (someone must do them cheaper)
    Clock fix (again, there must be someone out there who can fix these - that's a bulk buy waiting to happen)

Anything else?
    2000 Dakar Yellow

Comment

you are rite about outside temp gage i seem to remember £180 +but was lucky and found one in poland on flea bay.mine was badly corroded due to the locasion just behind my rear right sill which was also rusty,that was just the start.

Comment

If anyone has the time to look at group buys then that would be great

Comment

I'm still here. Lurking a lot more than posting but value the resource this site provides immensely

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
            If anyone has the time to look at group buys then that would be great

Yes I would be, did the race logic one in 2006 but sometimes a tall ask!

Comment

Would panels be done through BMW?

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

I'm going to be speaking with carcoon next week, if you want I can ask about a group buy if there is enough interest?
                Body panels would be a good one I would be interested in that.

Comment

FWIW I’ve been lurking but not able to sign in using my old account ‘yadi

Have resorted to registering a new name (which said my old account was not a valid referrer but let me run through password reset). Tried the contact admin option too :-(

My S54 has spent last 7 weeks with Brystone waiting for replacement instrument panel parts from Munich to be fitted.

Few more things to sort but may well be up for sale later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by hunyadi View Post

Have resorted to registering a new name (which said my old account was not a valid referrer but let me run through password reset). Tried the contact admin option too :-(

My S54 has spent last 7 weeks with Brystone waiting for replacement instrument panel parts from Munich to be fitted.

No one has contacted me, cant help if I am not aware of a problem

Comment

Saw a black S54 at Brystone a couple of weeks ago, guess yours?
                      S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Yep. Firstday back at work after Xmas the driver’s window lift broke (luckily right near the top as we had sideways sleet that week). Had to wait over a week for the window parts so had the big inspection service done as well.

Instrument cluster had been fading on the service light indicator stage so needed replacing and first replacement part was equally faulty. On my way via rail to pick it up today.

It’s been working and living in West London for a couple of years and not enjoying it (like its owner to be fair) so I’ve some cosmetics to sort or discuss and then likely put up for sale when the weather picks up properly.

Just as a quick query for anyone reading - what’s the received wisdom re respray. Roof panel has a big chip that needs addressing. Is it best to have the price reflect cost of paint restoration on the basis that prospective buyers will have a favoured paint shop or do I get it done before sale? Cheers

Comment

Buying a car in this likely price range, most people would be seeking one that is well presented and without obvious fault I would assume.

The other market is for the bargain buy, perhaps running restoration brigade.

Guess it depends on the price you want and the market you target.

Hope these thoughts help.

Ian
                          S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

[QUOTE=ian;176349]Buying a car in this likely price range, most people would be seeking one that is well presented and without obvious fault I would assume.

The other market is for the bargain buy, perhaps running restoration brigade.

Guess it depends on the price you want and the market you target.

Hope these thoughts help.

Ian[/QUOTE
                            HunYadis post has nothing to do with with the thread,,,,needs to be moved into Discussion.

Comment

Sorry kwoffa,

Back on topic and as per initial post - from your view as a moderator has there been a recent cull of accounts or some software patch on the forum affecting usernames with odd characters? My original (actual account) seems to be in some sort of limbo and attempts to get it resolved didn’t seem to work.

Maybe other user accounts are affected?

Comment

Sorry kwoffa,

Back on topic and as per initial post - from your view as a moderator has there been a recent cull of accounts or some software patch on the forum affecting usernames with odd characters? My original (actual account) seems to be in some sort of limbo and attempts to get it resolved didn’t seem to work.

Maybe other user accounts are affected?

I will answer for Kwoffa, I am not aware of anyone else having issues with logging in at the moment, I also don't think any of the forum software has changed in the last 6 months, I have looked at the account under user name 'yadi and I cant see anything obviously wrong.

I have no record of admin being contacted from yourself so there may be a reporting issue which will need to be investigated.

Comment

Working...
                                X