Oil Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news

Just hope I dont have to replace the Vanos hubs as well, theres always something else isnt there

Comment

I'm not sure on the likelihood of the hubs being worn as well as the vanos gears. I decided to get the lot done while they had it disassembled.

The car felt amazing today, torque where there never used to be any, beautifully clear engine note. Very happy. Took the dogs out for a spin to check the vanos at high revs, nothing too high, just enough. Too slippy out there at the mo.

Little vid with some new vanos noise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_JWd...layer_embedded

Comment

Like the vid!

Ex-Dakar MC Owner - Gone But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by wefail View Post
          I'm not sure on the likelihood of the hubs being worn as well as the vanos gears. I decided to get the lot done while they had it disassembled.

The car felt amazing today, torque where there never used to be any, beautifully clear engine note. Very happy. Took the dogs out for a spin to check the vanos at high revs, nothing too high, just enough. Too slippy out there at the mo.

Little vid with some new vanos noise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_JWd...layer_embedded

nice vid seem to recognise those roads! I like the " took the dogs out for a spin" , car sounds great. havent driven mine since end of october but will have to get it out this weekend for its mot

Comment

Cheers all!

Dave, I'm sure yours will fly the MOT. We'll have to get out soon for a Sunday run out!

The vid was taken going up to Lymm for a quick testdrive, then back. But it was so icy, went down a country lane and got stuck on an icy hill, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a laugh trying to keep the backend in place while spinning it forward.

Also passed a 5 series, completely stuck on a slushy car park with 6 people pushing it.

Cant wait for this weather to go.

Comment

yes up for a local meet again , my neighbour has a new 320d which keeps getting stuck on our road, I sat in the boot as ballast and it drove away fine

Comment

I watched a bloke on our avenue the other day in a 1 Series, flooring it to get traction (?) and going absolutely nowhere. It's not BMW weather.

We'll have to organize a drive out soon for sure!

Comment

Another thumbs up for DR Vanos

Just had my DR Vanos and spline gears installed.

Due to weather (and lack of VPower fuel around me) didnt get a chance give it a proper go on the way back but no doubt about there is an increase in power and a decrease in noise.

In the first few weeks I had my MC I must admit that I wasnt overly impressed with the power, it felt really sluggish coming up through the gears although there was always plenty there at the top end. I really put it down to driving cars in an age of Turbo Diesels which have outrages amounts of torque which my Golf 2.0 TDI has and the fact the the MC just has the straight six.

Being a member of this website obviously en-lightens you to a vast array of experience and thus possibilty that the Vanos could be a reason for this lack of power. My Vanos didnt have the marbles in a tin rattle but really growled and almost sounded like a diesel.

So as I say mines is now installed and again although I didnt get a good chance to test it there was a definite increase in power. Although the Vanos isnt whisper quiet (I dont think any are) the growl and diesel noise are completely gone. Remember the spline gears need to be done as well as the Vanos as apparently they are the main cause of the diesel sound.

So bascially a big thumbs up for Dr Vanos and definitley seems like a viable and cheap route if you ever have the requirement. I notice another guy has started up in the UK - Mr Vanos. If he is as good and genuine as Chris from Dr Vanos is then that gets round the issue of having to go to the states.

Comment

Working...
                  X