Rear BBK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear BBK

I'm sure I've read a couple of threads over the years covering this topic, I did a quick search but couldn't find them.

Has anyone done any upgrades to rear brakes other than pads and lines?

I've got an AP front BBK and I wouldn't mind doing a rear kit.

I've done a bit of googling and there are some aftermarket E30 rear BBKs but I wondered if there are any other easy disc / caliper swaps please?

i to have ap up front and fitted brembo to rear taken from a 986 boxter s.you will need an adapter bracket ,mine came from creation motorsport in birmingham also a larger disc i am shure mine was from csl m3.the only minor problem i encounterd was that the hand brake was weak due to internall diameter of disc being 3mm larger.i eventually sorted this by fitting the corect shoes which are correct diameter and 30 mm wide instead of 25 mm.you also have to cut the outer lip off the disc backing plate for larger disc.also the larger shoes need a hole drilling for the retaining spring .

Comment

I have similar to Jess, E46 M3 rear disc Rally Road adapter bracket and Porsche 996 Carrera / Boxster S Brembo calipers

https://www.rallyroad.net/collection...rembo-brackets

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11391

Comment

Thanks gents

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
          I'm sure I've read a couple of threads over the years covering this topic, I did a quick search but couldn't find them.

Has anyone done any upgrades to rear brakes other than pads and lines?

I've got an AP front BBK and I wouldn't mind doing a rear kit.

I've done a bit of googling and there are some aftermarket E30 rear BBKs but I wondered if there are any other easy disc / caliper swaps please?
          I do have a rear BBK Alcon Mono-4 calipers with full floating 332x32mm Brembo Typ3 Grooved Race Rotors. I'd install them within this month. Will share photos asap ;)
          I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
          sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

Originally posted by cemalakcal View Post
            I do have a rear BBK Alcon Mono-4 calipers with full floating 332x32mm Brembo Typ3 Grooved Race Rotors. I'd install them within this month. Will share photos asap ;)
            Yes, please do. I'd like to see that.

Comment

Im a bit late to this, but AP do a kit (or used to) so would match the fronts you have.
              2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                Im a bit late to this, but AP do a kit (or used to) so would match the fronts you have.
                Cheers Ian.

It's just calipers though, no discs, you use the OEM so not strictly a BBK.

Calipers are 4 pots though so quite nice but it seems you only get the choice of black or red so they wouldn't match the hard anodised finish of my current front AP's.

I can get a Galfer (Alcon red 6 pot caliper) front kit for the right money so an AP rear might be an option if I go that route and sell on my front 4 pot AP kit?

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
                  Yes, please do. I'd like to see that.
                  I'll add some front BBK Alcon Mono6 Full Floating Brembo 355x32mm. Typ-3 and also rear BBK Alcon Mono4 Full Floating Brembo 332x32mm. Typ-3 (Not yet fitted)
                  Last edited by Dave P; 19-01-2023, 06:27 PM.
                  sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

Rear Photos 1of3
                    sigpic

Comment

Rear Photos 2of3
                      sigpic

Comment

Rear Photos 3of3 and me working on Caliper Logo Paintjob :)
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X