Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBK - Which Pads do you use?

Hi guys,

I have Brembo 4 pots with Ferrodo DS2500 and Brembo 325mm discs. I have not been happy with the pulling up capabilities.

I have now acquired some CSL disc's (345mm) so shall also be looking to swap the pads over. The Ferrodo's are terrible for brake dust, so also looking to move away from the messy wheel aspect.

Not terribly fussed on budget, your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

Russell
    Last edited by KnightsG; 28-10-2014, 08:57 AM.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

I run brembos too and have recently installed 2nd set of EBC blue ndx pads, they're very good. I also had good experiences with z-rated PFC pads (stock calipers) for road + track usage.

Comment

Originally posted by inside View Post
      I run brembos too and have recently installed 2nd set of EBC blue ndx pads, they're very good. I also had good experiences with z-rated PFC pads (stock calipers) for road + track usage.
      Thank you, I have also heard good reports of them. Currently the braking feel is pretty lifeless and quite frustrating.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

I have EBC yellowstuff fitted on the front and find them ok for road use and a lot less dusty compared to the previous Pagid blues fitted

Comment

Cheers Dave.

P.S anymore thoughts on selling your alcantara interior bits?

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsG View Post
            Cheers Dave.

P.S anymore thoughts on selling your alcantara interior bits?
            No but I think I will hang on to them for the moment

Comment

DS2500 are awful pads IMO, but tend to come with a lot of BBKs. Very dusty and on the OEM setup I found they juddered horrendously when pushed beyond mild fast road use.

Would highly recommend Pagid RS29 - expensive but last ages, dust is not too bad at all either. They will work from cold and hot so a perfect pad to fit and forget for all occasions.

Comment

in 5 year the second set of pagid orange but now after 30,000 kms and 10 trackday need to change also the disk...Very good,never fad on track the only little problem doing some noise on the road but it's normal for an race pad.
                www.fastdrive.org
                S50 black/black-red In Rome
                Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

+1 on bad experiences with DS2500. I've tried a lot of other stuff too.

I run AP 4 pot BBK with Carbone Lorraine RC5+ and rate them above all others I've tried as a road pad.

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
                    +1 on bad experiences with DS2500. I've tried a lot of other stuff too.

I run AP 4 pot BBK with Carbone Lorraine RC5+ and rate them above all others I've tried as a road pad.
                    After searching the internet I shall give the Carbon Lorraine a go. Thanks mate.

Comment

Are the Carbon Lorraines not really dusty?

Comment

They are fairly dusty but not bad. That is RC5+ - RC6 are hilarious on both noise and dust.

Comment

As CW said, I don't find RC5+ any more dusty than other performance pads I've tried.

6's dust will etch your wheels and paint if you leave the it on for too long..It's horrible stuff. However they are awesome track pads.

Comment

I have a used front set of Pagid blue RS? pads in Porsche 996 fitment which have been modified to remove the outer section which overlaps the 345mm CSL disc for sale, I think they have only done a few thousand miles. Anyone wants them make me an offer

Comment

+1 on the cl5+ however they're not an everyday pad and wet and salt make them crumble.
                              http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/topic...rap-cl-brakes/

I use omp 971c carbon as a road/track pad. Cheap and definitely better than the ebc yellows I got with the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X