Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the passenger headlamp - bolt issue

Guys
    I am in the process of replacing my headlamps.
    Drivers side one was easy, however passenger lamp has an issue due to accessing the final bolt as the airbox paraphernalia is in the way.
    The bolt in question is the closest to the wheel / Front bumper.

I have taken out the airbox to gain access but this hasn’t helped - any ideas?

I have always used an extension and gone through the oval hole in the slam panel and put some grease on the socket to stop the screw from dropping

picture showing headlight trim panel and fixing, if the plastic adjuster is turning them maybe you could undo the front fixings on the arch liner and get at it this way?

Comment

Hi Dave
      Thanks, indeed, been attempting to access it through the hole in the slam panel.

The main issue I can’t get any purchase on it due to the angle as well as it being slightly smaller than 8mm. For the other side, once I got access to the last bolt from removing the washer bottle I could use an 8mm spanner. No such luck on passenger side even when I remove the airbox as all that plastic crap is in the way. Let’s see what happens through the arch line

Comment

Success. It appears that the bolt was 6mm, hence the lack of any purchase.
        All sorted before the heavens opened!

Comment

Working...
        X