Rear big brake kit BBK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxam View Post
    however if you are serious about track time I would go for carbonne loraine RC6 front (130 GBP) and RC4 rear (110 GBP)...not EBC fan at all and they are just marginally cheaper.
    +1 Best pads I've ever used.

Comment

Funny, been trying to get hold of CL RC6 front pads for ooh about 14months now! :S each time I try there's either a fire at the factory or "on order"?

Anyone know anyone who can supply these at a decent price? Have been trying to source them through www.cl-braking.co.uk.

Speaking of brake balance, I generally run the past year or so Pagid RS29 front and Yellowstuff at the rear, but I fitted some CL RC6 to the rear and these pads are like a BBK in a brake pad, the brake balance changed noticeable and the car seems to brake "flatter"; I was a little concerned about too much rear bias but running much fatter R888s on the rear I had no lock up issus (plus the RS29s aren't a bad pad either at the front!). They seem to wear fairly quickly though and the dust is quite a lot.

Comment

picture of Chippy's set up, 996 Brembo's, CSL 345mm discs, adapter brackets, longer brake hoses are needed for the front.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
          Funny, been trying to get hold of CL RC6 front pads for ooh about 14months now! :S each time I try there's either a fire at the factory or "on order"?

Anyone know anyone who can supply these at a decent price? Have been trying to source them through www.cl-braking.co.uk.

Speaking of brake balance, I generally run the past year or so Pagid RS29 front and Yellowstuff at the rear, but I fitted some CL RC6 to the rear and these pads are like a BBK in a brake pad, the brake balance changed noticeable and the car seems to brake "flatter"; I was a little concerned about too much rear bias but running much fatter R888s on the rear I had no lock up issus (plus the RS29s aren't a bad pad either at the front!). They seem to wear fairly quickly though and the dust is quite a lot.
          http://www.cl-brakes.co.uk/carbone-l...rake-pads.html

I would give them a call before just to be on the safe side - have ordered 5 pairs so far (was running too many cars at some point) and they delivered pretty fast. So far I am happy with the wear and they are not aggressive on the discs. They are very very dusty, a bit noisy but have amazing stopping power even if they are cold - so yes, very usable in traffic and very good at the track.

Chris, are you going to the ring over the Easter weekend? We are a nice group - me (either mustang or z3m), my brother with the z4m, m3 csl, e39 m5 novak N500, porsche 928s and some other toys.

Comment

There was genuinely an issue at the factory which affected supply. Try Paul Chance on 07974 153967, he brings them into the UK.
            Last edited by c_w; 18-04-2011, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
              There was genuinely an issue at the factory which affected supply. Try Paul Chance on 07974 153967, he brings them into the UK.
              Yea they told me a fire had disrupted stock last year around June I think but trying again last month and awaiting stock! Is he separate to www.CL-braking.co.uk?

Comment

Is he separate to www.CL-braking.co.uk?
                Yes, he supplies them.

Have you tried the 5+?..........That's what's in my MC now and they're a great road pad that's not too harsh on discs and without the dust.

Comment

Yea was looking at those but I think they'll be similar to my Pagid RS29s, I want something that have got more power without changing anything else and the RC6 seem to do that - they're going to be used for track only and probably use the RS29s on the road.

Comment

more pictures of the front set up,

Comment

Pretty. 328x20 M3 discs and 996 calipers, huh?
                      Where did you get the adapters from?

Best regards,
                      Phil

Comment

Originally posted by RST Driver View Post
                        Pretty. 328x20 M3 discs and 996 calipers, huh?
                        Where did you get the adapters from?

Best regards,
                        Phil
                        the company who supply the front and rear adapter brackets are called Rallyroad and sell on ebay USA.

Comment

anyone thinking of ordering brackets from this company let me know and I will see if we can do a group buy.

Comment

You can still use the oem handbrake?

Best regards,
                            Phil

Comment

Originally posted by RST Driver View Post
                              You can still use the oem handbrake?

Best regards,
                              Phil
                              looks like it

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
                                anyone thinking of ordering brackets from this company let me know and I will see if we can do a group buy.
                                bought a set from CA who had them in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X