• Time
  • Show
Clear All

S50 badge P/N: 51142250811 (£29.81)
    S54 badge P/N: 51142694404 (£30.26)
    prices from BMW at current time.

Click here to email me

Comment

Indy, the ebay badge is only £15.30 delivered, claimed to be original, would you doubt this with it being from Japan? seems cheap.

Due to the tiny minority that might notice I have the wrong badge for an S50, I would risk it to at least have a new shiny one in the right place

Comment

seems to have a high positive feedback score (190 this month with 0 negatives in the same short time space) so if you want that one, go for it!

if your car is totally original with no mods or other changes from standard, id say stick with the regular S50 one.

however if you have changed stuff or are going to in the future, then i dont see a problem, as long as you stick it in (one of) the correct place

i think the lower positioning does suit the S54 badge better anyway. maybe im so used to seeing the 2 differences, that in my mind i know they are the original placements.

however! to throw some more crap in the mix, i do know (and have photographical evidence as seen below) that some very early S54 cars had the higher positioning with the newer curved badge

like seen here:

this is some nerdy shit

get the S54 one and stick it in the late S54 positioning

Click here to email me

Comment

Wow you learn something different every day, coupes can't decide where to fit a badge. BMW made it easy for the roady's as here is an indent so its foolproof

Diff between S50 and S54 badges ie the S54 badge is curved (and S54 badges do not seem to fade like the S50 ones ;-)

And know I did not have 2 badges fitted at once
          VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Very much standard and no intention to change but I can't see a rear badge affecting resale values! I certainly wouldn't notice the difference between the two if in the right place.

Need to do something, miles out at mo, just hope it wasn't strategically stuck in the wrong place to hide a scab/chip or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
              Wow you learn something different every day, coupes can't decide where to fit a badge. BMW made it easy for the roady's as here is an indent so its foolproof

Diff between S50 and S54 badges ie the S54 badge is curved (and S54 badges do not seem to fade like the S50 ones ;-)

[pic]

And know I did not have 2 badges fitted at once

they do still fade, just seem to wear a little better than the S50 ones.
              sure i read somewhere on here, someone said they lacquered a new badge to stop it happening ?

Originally posted by chopper View Post
              Very much standard and no intention to change but I can't see a rear badge affecting resale values! I certainly wouldn't notice the difference between the two if in the right place.

Need to do something, miles out at mo, just hope it wasn't strategically stuck in the wrong place to hide a scab/chip or something.

[pic]
              the badge positioning is one of those things that MASSIVELY PISSES ME OFF

get used to seeing the original positionings on literature when the cars are new, and positions on brand new cars, get used to them, then slowly few years down the line they somehow move from the correct place, to the other side of the bootlid, diagonally stuck on, or half/completely missing. weird how i seem to be the only one to notice it (and get irritated by it)

makes me think the car has had some paintwork or an accident at some point in its life, thats why i think it is very important to get the right thing in the right place when it comes to the badges on a car.

worst one is R A N G E R O V E R
              see the bonnet and bootlid ones stuck back on incorrectly (repainted/wrapped cars etc)

...but i dont think i can be bothered to setup a template for RR owners. id be up for weeks and mother exdos will moan at me again (!)

stick it back on in the right place, or not at all!

chopper! you can send your badge/s to matt (offyourmarks) and he can recondition the originals with new stripes

see here: www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11480

not sure which method matt uses, but if it is 3 separate strips/stripes of coloured vinyl, then the colours shouldnt wear

from the pics, appears to be a good job, and you can get the side ones done at the same time if they need replacing (theyre really expensive to buy as new!)
              Last edited by indy; 17-07-2012, 07:59 PM.

Click here to email me

Comment

Thanks Indy, it's you that's made me do this...!!

I will get the S54 badge from ebay and stick it in the S50 position! For the sake of £15 I can't be arsed recycling the old badge.

Thank fooook I don't have a RANGEROVER!! lol

Comment

Thanks Indy, it's you that's made me do this...!!

I will get the S54 badge from ebay and stick it in the S50 position! For the sake of £15 I can't be arsed recycling the old badge.

Thank fooook I don't have a RANGEROVER!! lol
                  maybe i should buy some reading RAGEROVER and stick them on his MC at one of the shows

i think you should hold out for the right S50 badge or just move yours to the right place

Click here to email me

Comment

this is an S50 with S54 badge and late positioning + shadow chrome wheels

looks "right"

Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by indy View Post
                      i think you should hold out for the right S50 badge or just move yours to the right place
                      Bugger, too late...ordered the S54 badge now...won't sleep tonight, cant decide on wrong badge in S50 position or S54 position on wrong car....

Only ordered a new one as moving the old one would mean pissing about with double sided tape to get back on...Indy, what have you done to me?!! LOL

Comment

Bugger, too late...ordered the S54 badge now...won't sleep tonight, cant decide on wrong badge in S50 position or S54 position on wrong car....

Only ordered a new one as moving the old one would mean pissing about with double sided tape to get back on...Indy, what have you done to me?!! LOL
                        stick the new one on in S54 position, send the old one to matt for refurb, and keep it as a spare

i think matt also adds the DS tape to the rear of the badge, so all you have to do is mark up and stick on

im pleased to have this effect on you

Click here to email me

Comment

maybe i should buy some reading RAGEROVER and stick them on his MC at one of the shows

Got them on my defender

Reads. Ragerover
                          And defender has been changed to offender
                          [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

.......... sure i read somewhere on here, someone said they lacquered a new badge to stop it happening ?
                            Errrrrm that will be me

I laquered my S50 ones and then the S54's although I can't say I've ever noticed an S54 badge that has gone pink in the sun like the S50 ones.
                            VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
                              Errrrrm that will be me

I laquered my S50 ones and then the S54's although I can't say I've ever noticed an S54 badge that has gone pink in the sun like the S50 ones.
                              knew someone on here had done it
                              another idea is, you could cut a piece of clear film and stick it over the stripes

here's one i found earlier! (old badge + bad camera = very faded!)

appears to be an original S54 badge, in the original positioning, so id guess it has been on there for the 108k miles or whatever the car has done by now!

Click here to email me

Comment

Well...the S54 badge turned up from Ebay, the fishing line trick did the business in getting the old one off.

Kind of like the 'clean' look with no badge...

Then decided on the lower S54 positioning...happy now Indy???

Comment

Working...
                                X