Rear wiper motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wiper motor

The cogs have worn so I need a new motor for the rear wiper. Anyone got any suggetion about best place to get one from - other than stealers?

Also, anyone fitted one themselves - is it a diy job?

Cheers
    PhilT.

2002 S54
    Titanium Silver/Laguna Seca Blue

you can have mine if you want, i need to take it off!
    just pay the P+P

PM me if you want, i can tell you how to do it when ive taken mine out, DIY job easy peasy, Lee did his

Comment

Hope this helps:
      http://www.digitalsimple.com/TheMCou...perremoval.htm

It is just as easy to put back :)
      S50 - '99 Estoril/Estoril-Black
      Mods - KW 3 Coilovers, H&R ARBs, Raid steering wheel, Wiechers Sport half-rollcage & strut brace, Simota CAI, Powerflex front and beam bushes, Beyern Mesh 18".

Comment

Originally posted by BEN View Post
        you can have mine if you want, i need to take it off!
        just pay the P+P

PM me if you want, i can tell you how to do it when ive taken mine out, DIY job easy peasy, Lee did his

I removed mine some time back due to the wires shearing where the wires go from the hatch to the car (common problem apparently) which i subsequently repaired but whilst i was doing it thought it looked better without the wiper, i fitted a little black rubber grommet but i was wondering if anyone knows where you can get something which can be painted, a plastic one would do the trick???

Cheers
        99vS50 Titan silver, currently on life support waiting for a miracle cure

Comment

I think most people who'd removed it would have a plate stuck to the back, have it smoothed and the whole boot painted.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
            I think most people who'd removed it would have a plate stuck to the back, have it smoothed and the whole boot painted.
            i will be!

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
              I have toyed with that idea as i need to have some paint work done, however i'm just wondering the effect on re-sale if that time ever occurs, having a grommet in is flexible and allows it to be returned back to factory spec very easily.
              Once you have it smoothed over that's it, short of buying a new tailgate or drilling a hole.
              99vS50 Titan silver, currently on life support waiting for a miracle cure

Comment

Ben, PM'd you about the rear wiper mate?
                PhilT.

2002 S54
                Titanium Silver/Laguna Seca Blue

Comment

Does anyone know where to get a decent gromit for the rear wiper?

Comment

Removed mine last night :) Only have a rubber gromit in place at the moment, I'll get it filled and resprayed along with the door handles in time!

Comment

Working...
                    X