No announcement yet.

Z3M coupe Nearside wing mirror wobble??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z3M coupe Nearside wing mirror wobble??

When the wing mirror was removed on my coupe last year to repair damage on the door i presumed that the paint guy had done quick job replacing the wing mirror as needed removing again for plasic weld on stem for a slight ctack! (A job he couldnt do)
    I've now just been told by another body shop it's broken and was probably broken when removed! And it's a common problem!

Anyone ever repaired one or had this issue?

It's very loose on the stem but the twist function still works?

i had the same problem with mine ,there are 4 screws which connect internall parts to outr shell.to get the 2 screws out that hold mirror base to door you have to rotate outer shell.one side is clockwise and opposite for otherside,sorry but i cant recall which side is which.however if you twist to hard the wrong way the 4 internall screws break of.i had both of mine strengthened with fiberglass and resprayed .i would spray releasing oil inside and leave overnight before attempting to remove as they are quite stiff,however a decent body shop should know what there doing.hope that helps,i remember when mine were off car and in a vice they were easy to rotate but there was a certain pull and twist method to it.

Comment

have removed the wing mirror today and can see under the base of mirror the starlock washer that is pushed onto the shaft has spilt open and loose!

Anyone successfully changed one of these and cured the problem?
      Last edited by Paulb1678; 14-03-2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

finally realised the monkey metal base collar had snapped causing the Starlock to snap too!

New parts on the way from germany!

Comment

http://www.spiegel-z3.de/reparatur_m_spiegel.html

Comment

Yeah this link helped the repair

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X