For sale; 2002 M Coupé with new S54 Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For sale; 2002 M Coupé with new S54 Engine

NOW SOLD: 2002 M Coupé, in Titanium Silver with Black Nappa Leather, with 46,800 miles on the car, and 30 miles on a new engine installed by BMW.

The usual ‘standard’ equipment includes DSC, ABS, Heated Seats, Air Conditioning, etc.
    The ‘optional’ equipment includes the Tilt Sunroof and the BMW Business CD RDS radio.
    I retrofitted Cruise Control, also ‘Strong Strut’ front strut brace and rear brace.
    The car comes with Tax and MOT until February 2008, and was serviced as specified.

I did let the BMW Warranty lapse last year, but BMW took responsibility when the Crankshaft Bearings failed, and fitted the new engine at no charge to me, parts and labour.

I’m looking for £18,995

Pictures in my Gallery, under Album 'S54 For Sale - September 2007'… here is a sample.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by martlet; 03-12-2007, 07:33 AM. Reason: Added photo reference, 26-Nov-2007 SOLD
    SEP 2003: Bought 2002 Titanium Silver with Black Leather.
    OCT 2003: Adjustable interior Rear View Mirror.
    Early 2005: Front Strong Strut. Replaced all tyres with F1s. Added rear Strong Strut.
    AUG 2005: EXDOS Mod
    SEP 2006: Retrofit Cruise Control
    NOV 2007: SOLD

WHAT A SNIP that's really priced to sell.
    /// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

m coupe for sale

sounds like a bargain cant see that being round too long

martlet as its a new motor have bmw warranted the motor ?
      [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Anything replaced would have a years warranty I'd imagine.

I thought you'd sold this ages ago Martlet.

Comment

With the new engine, that's a steal.
          Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Warranty on the new engine

It was explained to me that since BMW have covered the entire cost of the engine, they do not actually warranty it as such… however, if anything did actually go wrong with it, they would cover it under 'Goodwill'.
            Early 2005: Front Strong Strut. Replaced all tyres with F1s. Added rear Strong Strut.

Comment

Martlet,

Is this still for sale?

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Don't sell - you'll regret it!
                S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

2002 S54 with new engine still for sale

Hi Steve,
                  I've been away, hence the slow response.

Yes, the car is still sitting in my garage, with 30 miles on the new engine. I will shortly be undertaking the break-in miles, and getting the 1200 mile inspection done for the engine: I am about due for an inspection II, so will be getting that done as well.

Dave

Comment

Might be interested

Martlet,

is your MC still for sale? I sold my S50 in September last year and purcahsed a V8 MG ZT thinking it could be a 4 door familiy car but still quite good fun - big mistake. Im now driving a diesel 607 for day to day and am looking to buy something for the weekend.

Cheers

Graham

Comment

Still for sale (Saturday 20-OCT-2007)

Graham,
                      I have started on the break-in miles, with a run to Edinburgh yesterday, returning to Telford on Monday: that takes care of 600 miles.
                      I will do the same trip again in a week or so, which will complete the 1200 mile break-in requirement, and then it goes to the dealer for the required Inspections.

Comment

Make sure you don't crusie it on a light throttle all the way!!

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                          Make sure you don't cruise it on a light throttle all the way!!
                          Some throttle variations on the M6 and M74… however, the last 40 miles from Abington to Edinburgh are on a 2-lane road with lots of bends and limited opportunities to pass, so you have to be quick! Lots of different throttle positions . I always look forward to that stretch of road after the rather boring motorways.

The information sticker says…
                          "No wide open throttle"
                          "Do not exceed 5500 rpm" (that still gives acceptable performance)
                          "Maximum sustained speed 137 mph" (as if I could get anywhere near that )

Comment

"No wide open throttle"
                            There always seems to be lots of different views on running in an engine, I would say drive it very lightly until the oil is up to temperature (as you would do anyway!), but occassionally use wider throttle openings from lower revs to bed in the piston rings.

Comment

I agree, that's pretty much what I am trying to do.

Coming up I got just about 28 MpG at an average of around 60 including a stop to…
                              1. empty me; and
                              2. fill the tank.

Comment

Working...
                              X