X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a £20k car

Comment

Originally posted by Guywiththeclownshoe View Post
      I have actually been in this car- someone who I know bought this very recently.
      The add did not do it justice and it could have done with a clean and better pics.
      Apparently it was owned by a mature couple for most of its life and came with huge amount of paperwork and history.
      From what I saw the bodywork just needed a little tidying otherwise a very nice car that drove perfect. People who comment on for sale threads can be a little assumptive and put others off an otherwise nice car!
      As you agree the car in the photos looks scruffy; car clearly needs a wash, it has missing body trim, and I've never seen a gearknob so worn in my life so it's a fair assumption IMO. The boot photo too looks a bit ratty but as people have said it could well tidy up with some TLC. It does have the plastic cover for the changer though, very rare to see!

I don't think it detracts from the sale, if you're looking for a Coupe - and not looking for a concours car - then you go and view yourself and see beyond the photos on the actual condition and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
        As you agree the car in the photos looks scruffy; car clearly needs a wash, it has missing body trim, and I've never seen a gearknob so worn in my life so it's a fair assumption IMO. The boot photo too looks a bit ratty but as people have said it could well tidy up with some TLC. It does have the plastic cover for the changer though, very rare to see!

I don't think it detracts from the sale, if you're looking for a Coupe - and not looking for a concours car - then you go and view yourself and see beyond the photos on the actual condition and go from there.
        Agreed, if someone lets a car get that scruffy you have to wonder about what you can't see. It clearly has not been "loved".
        S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by Guywiththeclownshoe View Post
          I have actually been in this car- someone who I know bought this very recently.
          The add did not do it justice and it could have done with a clean and better pics.
          Apparently it was owned by a mature couple for most of its life and came with huge amount of paperwork and history.
          From what I saw the bodywork just needed a little tidying otherwise a very nice car that drove perfect. People who comment on for sale threads can be a little assumptive and put others off an otherwise nice car!
          The comments so far in main have been along the same lines as to what you have said yourself, "The add did not do it justice and it could have done with a clean and better pics" all of us have seen a lot of M Coupes and are only passing comments along the lines from what we can see in the photographs.
          From your comments about knowing who had purchased the car, it obviously wasn't the mature couple, but most likely the person who bought it from them. We can only presume (maybe wrongly but thats how it looks) that they maybe bought cheaply because it looked a bit rough and are selling it on for a quick profit after doing the minimum of preparation to sell.
          To say people on here who pass comment about a car for sale being are a little assumptive is little wide of the mark.
          Don't forget there are lots of people follow this site when looking for a M Coupe who welcome the sort observations and comments that we as forum members make regarding cars up for sale.
          At the end of the day people will pay what a car is worth depending on condition and history etc, all we are doing is stating what to us is the obvious from what we see and doing MOT & registration history checks. Its basically to help less informed potential buyers.
          Hope you take this as constructive comment and it is just my observations, though others on here maybe thinking along the same lines as me.
          Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
          2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
          1986 M635
          1985 E28 M5
          1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
            The comments so far in main have been along the same lines as to what you have said yourself, "The add did not do it justice and it could have done with a clean and better pics" all of us have seen a lot of M Coupes and are only passing comments along the lines from what we can see in the photographs.
            From your comments about knowing who had purchased the car, it obviously wasn't the mature couple, but most likely the person who bought it from them. We can only presume (maybe wrongly but thats how it looks) that they maybe bought cheaply because it looked a bit rough and are selling it on for a quick profit after doing the minimum of preparation to sell.
            To say people on here who pass comment about a car for sale being are a little assumptive is little wide of the mark.
            Don't forget there are lots of people follow this site when looking for a M Coupe who welcome the sort observations and comments that we as forum members make regarding cars up for sale.
            At the end of the day people will pay what a car is worth depending on condition and history etc, all we are doing is stating what to us is the obvious from what we see and doing MOT & registration history checks. Its basically to help less informed potential buyers.
            Hope you take this as constructive comment and it is just my observations, though others on here maybe thinking along the same lines as me.
            Spot on!!!
            S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

It was owned for most it's life by a a couple who sold to a chap, who then had it for a couple of years but rarely drove the car. From speaking to the owner who is a friend, it had what it needed. I think he'll do whatever it needs to make it a very good example. The bodywork needed a little attention - a lot do because of the age and just small bits doing. I don't think it would be far off most for sale, apart from of course the sub 50k mile collectors cars. After having a drive of this car, I am now going to try and buy one myself! They are awesome cars, and still perform well.
              Agreed with the post re pointing things out in photographs as an aid to potential buyers. I would always recommend viewing a car first hand though with open eyes rather than discount it just based on opinions on a forum purely because what looks perfect could be anything but and vice versa.

Comment

It's funny.

Some people struggle to sell cars mainly because they don't make them attractive to potential buyers.

There are some things you can't control like history, mileage but you can control how you photograph the car, the way your advert is written, rectifying areas that buyers will pick up on and lastly just being honest about the overall condition.

I find the people are all too worried about cars not being in showroom condition and they almost gloss over imperfections when trying to sell a car. Do they think potential buyers will not notice the issues when they see the car? Also, people shouldn't expect a 15 year old car to be like it rolled off the production line.

Anyway, everything I have written is irrelevant to this post as the car has sold.

Rags

Comment

Surely this has to be the best value z3m for sale.....

Comment

Working...
                  X