No announcement yet.

Lower control arms or ball joint replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok for the sake of clarity. You can google this (I did and it does work) and I have put pictures of actual arms off my car online. E30 balljoints are solid, all e30 316 to m3 evo ii. E36 std arms are crap rubber. 3.0 M (eccentric bushes same arms) and evo 3.2 balljoints (centric different arms) are all the same as any e30. That z3 with alloy arms is wrong as it should have eccentric bushes to make the caster difference. Good upgrade but essentialy screwed up. There's no problem with putting new balljoints into your M arms as long as its done right and pressed in all the way etc. Sure it doesn't look as pretty as a brand new arm but jeez 10 mins and some rattle satin will be the same. Btw if you do chuck the original irons I'll buy them off you just because its a crying shame they'll be binned.

Comment

Good spot, strange that they haven't gone for the offset 3.0 m3 bush on that Coupe. Or maybe they are z3m/evo arms painted bright silver!!

Comment

Originally posted by itsdashy View Post
        Ok for the sake of clarity. You can google this (I did and it does work) and I have put pictures of actual arms off my car online. E30 balljoints are solid, all e30 316 to m3 evo ii. E36 std arms are crap rubber. 3.0 M (eccentric bushes same arms) and evo 3.2 balljoints (centric different arms) are all the same as any e30. That z3 with alloy arms is wrong as it should have eccentric bushes to make the caster difference. Good upgrade but essentialy screwed up. There's no problem with putting new balljoints into your M arms as long as its done right and pressed in all the way etc. Sure it doesn't look as pretty as a brand new arm but jeez 10 mins and some rattle satin will be the same. Btw if you do chuck the original irons I'll buy them off you just because its a crying shame they'll be binned.
        Ok so let me get some clarity for myself as i am now starting to get confused.
        Chenging the inner and outer ball joints for solid E30 ones are like for like pretty much.

so if thats the case, would I not then just replce with OEM bushes as i am not looking to use an e30 arm, just the ball joints?

Comment

Related to this thread, would anyone happen to know where I can get an offside ball joint for the m coupe? It's come up as an advisory on the MOT :(

Comment

Inner or outer? I bought a Lemforder outer balljoint from EuroCarParts a few years ago (same as E30 M3 I think), but in the end I just swapped the whole wishbone for a new one.

Comment

Working...
            X