KW V3 Adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KW V3 Adjustments

My car recently got KW V3s, but unfortunately the person who installed them isn't available and I don't have any reference or documentation. I've searched online and put together bits and pieces, but was wondering if anyone could post pictures indicating how I can adjust the different settings (front and rear) and what the break-in settings are.

The drive is pretty good, but I can only describe the suspension now as "clunky" - it makes strange clunking noises when I go over bumps or uneven roads. The car is street driven and hardly tracked so I prefer softer settings. It also got new H&R front and rear sway bars with new short end-links.

1999 BMW M Coupe
    2002 Mitsubishi Evolution VII

I set mine up as follows:

Rear bump is 5 1/4 turns from full soft (full soft is fully anti-clockwise)
    Rear rebound is 2 clicks from full soft
    Front bump is 8 clicks from full soft
    Front rebound is 7 clicks from full soft
    1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Drop links are known to cause clunks so may be worth checking that they are fully tight

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
        I set mine up as follows:

Rear bump is 5 1/4 turns from full soft (full soft is fully anti-clockwise)
        Rear rebound is 2 clicks from full soft
        Front bump is 8 clicks from full soft
        Front rebound is 7 clicks from full soft
        I see the bump settings at the bottom, but how do you set the rebound?
        1999 BMW M Coupe
        2002 Mitsubishi Evolution VII

Comment

Originally posted by MC321 View Post
          I see the bump settings at the bottom, but how do you set the rebound?
          That's on the top of the shocks, both front and rear. You'll have to lower the front struts out of turret housing to gain access to adjuster as the ///m offset doesn't give enough room in situ. For the rears they'll have to come out too unless you want to strip the rear interior of your coupe (unless the previous owner put some access holes in the carpet for you). For rear bump you'll need to remove a small plastic cover cap at the bottom of the shock to gain access to the adjuster.
          1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Working...
          X