How much oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much oil?

Hi, as the title suggests....how much oil does an S50 hold?
    Oh and are most people using Castrol Edge 10/60?

Cheers.

I use 5/40 titan supersyn and have done for ages,quantity is 5 and a bit litres..with a new filter....have ran my car on this for years no problem...by the way its an S50.Oil suggestions and recommendations are highly subjective...but ive had no problems..

Comment

I usually have 6litres to hand doing an oil and filter change. I buy it from Eurocarparts when it's on offer and by 3 4litre bottles to give enough for two oil changes.

Comment

Thanks guys. I know it has been covered a million times but that's why I am confused! I have boiled it down to either Castrol edge 10/60 or a 5/40 fully synthetic. Would anyone care to correct me or advise please?

Comment

Buy the Castrol 10w60 that was designed for our engines... get it at the right time and it's not expensive.
          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

I have used Castrol 10/60 for years but its not listed as the correct oil for the S50 only the S54

Comment

Castrol edge 10/60 it is then, thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X