New tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tyres

Hi - got some Michelin pilot sport 4 fitted before the weekend. 300 miles across Welsh roads and I must say I am very impressed. The feel is very clean and they are so sticky - the hold in corners is massively better than the falken 453 I had before. That said I did like the fact that the falken gave away quite easily..

Still paid 500 for 4 tyres and I have a feeling they are the best tyres I have had on the car. The fuel bad this weekend either - around 24- 25 mpg and I was using most of the rev range...

The PS4 are supposed to be very good tyres, a return to a performance tyre for the PS series (as the PS3 wasn't a high performance sports tyre). From what I've read they are saying the PS4 is "almost" a replacement for the SuperSports. It seems to be bridging the PS3 to the PSS in sizes.

Comment

I use Continental Contact Sports based on the fact that I am told that is what BMW originally supplied them with. But the argument is that that technology is now well over a decade old. A friend runs Supersports in his E46 M3 and reccomends them. Next time I need new rubber on any of my cars I will go for those.

Comment

It depends on which Continentals, currently the Sport Contact 5 which gets very good reviews (version 6 coming out now or soon I think). When I bought my car it had Sport Contact 2 or 3 on it. I didn't rate them at all - very poor in the wet and very average in the dry - they wore well though.

Comment

Working...
        X