Kw v1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kw v1

Thinking of giving the suspension a refresh, anyone used these?
    See the V3 gets good reports but given that our car is only ever on the road a single action shock is all we want.
    And I think (may be wrong here) that it is a Koni shock too

Any cooments pros and cons?

Thanks for reading

Exdos who doesn't seem to post much on here anymore reckoned that KW V2 for the Coupe wasn't that great, so don't imagine V1 being either. I think V1 is all fixed springs and dampers? I understand V2 is adjustable height perhaps. The problem tend tos be the damping settings, and on fixed dampers if they don't feel right there's nothing you can do.

V3 is really the best way to go, complete adjustment for everything, even if you only mess with it initially to get it setup right, that's the only way to get a true custom setup.

Otherwise I would look at decent lowering springs (H&R or ACS) and good dampers. I can recommend Bilstein B8 front damper and for the rear a Spax adjustable G40EA with shortened rod. Whilst the B8 rear damper is an improvement over stock, it's damping isn't stiff enough IMO and the Spax have great adjustment. Rear Koni only adjust for rebound, and the bump/compression is too soft (part of the problem with the V1/V2 I believe).

I can't stress enough how "right" the B8 from damper feels, it's firm but compliant and gets rid of any float at the front end. So with a decent lowering spring it's a really nice fit and forget setup. The rear I've gone through many many different springs and dampers as the B8 still felt soft and underdamped/squatty.
    Last edited by c_w; 24-01-2017, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X