No announcement yet.

Photobucket hosting ban!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've now taken the precaution of downloading my entire library of 376 photos hosted by photobucket to save the images rather than risk losing them. This doesn't solve the problem though of broken links to all of them in umpteen threads.

What photobucket has done is tantamount to sabotage across the internet.
    /// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Originally posted by exdos View Post
      I've now taken the precaution of downloading my entire library of 376 photos hosted by photobucket to save the images rather than risk losing them. This doesn't solve the problem though of broken links to all of them in umpteen threads.

What photobucket has done is tantamount to sabotage across the internet.
      Ransom I think is a better word! - I bet there are thousands of people with linked images to thousands of threads and even websites that have just gone down...but if you pay up it'll all come back!

Comment

I think the Ad revenue stream must have been dropping sharply and PB think that people will pay the "ransom" to improve their financial state.
        I think they are in for a big surprise as lots of account holders will simply dump them. It really is unforgivable to go from giving a free service to charge $399 for the same service with basically NO notice.
        What chance they go bust in the near future, as long term I just cannot see them surviving. They really have shot themselves in the foot.
        I'm lucky in that I have all my pics backed up and I only had them on PB for 3rd party hosting.
        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
        1986 M635
        1985 E28 M5
        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Saw this fix on another forum,

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj

appears to work for those who use google chrome

Comment

Ive just tried that fix in Google Chrome and it does work. Unfortunately, I don't usually use that as my default browser.
            /// Exdos ///
            "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Nice to see you checking in EXDOS.

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                Nice to see you checking in EXDOS.
                Even if you are using the wrong browser

Hope you're well Sir!
                Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                  Saw this fix on another forum,

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj

appears to work for those who use google chrome
                  Dave is this the site you are using to host pictures or are you using Flickr?
                  Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                  2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                  1986 M635
                  1985 E28 M5
                  1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
                    Dave is this the site you are using to host pictures or are you using Flickr?
                    I have started to transfer some of the pictures from photobucket to flickr but its not easy and very time consuming

Comment

So i guess the question is what site to use when wanting to use with site ?

Comment

Photobucket embed fix for Firefox
                        https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ed-fix/?src=ss

Seems to work OK at the moment

Comment

Can no longer see the photobucket pictures in chrome when using the fix?

Comment

Have photobucket increased the size of the "upgrade your account message" ? just when you thought they couldn't do anymore damage to the internet

Comment

Photobucket pictures are visible today using internet explorer

Comment

Looks like flickr are changing their free hosting soon to be free for up to 1000 pictures only

Comment

Working...
                                X