SGS replacement boot struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rup View Post
    Very helpful firm,however they couldn't supply me without the part number from the old struts,so I'll try again tomorrow
    LEt me know how you get on - I never got around to sorting this so it's still on the to do list..
    S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

This should be the correct item,

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/searches/?q=51248399296

Comment

Originally posted by Rup View Post
        Very helpful firm,however they couldn't supply me without the part number from the old struts,so I'll try again tomorrow
        SGS couldn't? I just ordered through their vehicle select system.

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/car-...-z3-boot-strut
        S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
          Yes, GSC1178 are the ones. If I were to be hypercritical they are a little too strong at the top end and my tailgate tops out a little harshly.
          S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Comment

I fitted these struts a couple of years ago and can remember a couple of issues,some people found that the hatch was going a tad too far,solution was to to get shorter ends,and yes they do seem a bit keen to lift the hatch,,,however they do slow down a bit given time a great improvement over OEM.

Comment

Just fitted after SGS delivered within 48 hours. The standard listed rear MC ones from SGS (320n) and my car now has that pleasing whoosh back when opening.

As above comments, if I’m being critical they do open up the hatch to it’s very limit, but not in a harsh way and will over time, soften up.

It’s just great to be able to hold the boot in a half position now and not have it slam down!

Highly recommended.
              S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Fitted on the car within just a few minutes.
                Attached Files
                S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X