Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two S54's for sale at Hexagon! Serious Money.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was about to do the same. You see them sharing some very choice company now - it’s a good feeling.
    S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Originally posted by PJ Westerby View Post
      It really bugs me when dealers get things wrong in their ads.

Interestingly (or not) Hexagon is currently being discussed on a Porsche forum due to a 911 turbo they have advertised stating "Originally a display vehicle for Porsche Centre Great Britain" which is stretching the truth somewhat - it was actually one of the Porsche Driving Experience cars at Silverstone, so it's probably spent most of its life being thrashed to within an inch of its life! It was bought through BCA with oil leaks and electrical issues galore and no service history. It does amuse me how these prestigious dealers get away with so much while the smaller dealers are often viewed with suspicion and contempt.

I believe a great deal of Hexagon's customer base is made up of repeat customers, who simply see them as the go-to place when they want to buy or sell (and whose wallets are possibly larger than their market knowledge). Cash-cows are there to be milked. (Harry Enfield's "I saw you coming" antiques shop springs to mind).

If these big prices are achieved then this can only have a positive effect on prices in general though, so good news for owners but not so great for those trying to join the club.

Its funny but I posted a link to Harry Enfield's shop in a similar thread back in 2011 when Hexagon were doing the same thing with M coupes (it may surprise some people they were an iconic car even back then )

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...t=11069&page=6

(link has gone now to the sketch but it was post #51 within the thread )

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
        I don't think the US got floating discs an either S52 or S54 ? but could be wrong
        According to the M Registry, the two-piece floating disc weren't fitted to US model, quote below.

"Why was the U.S. market denied the “floating” front brake rotors?
        The U.S. market was denied the more efficient two-piece rotors offered in the rest of the world because BMW of North America was concerned that, if not properly maintained, the rotors presented the possibility of failing, thus creating a legal liability. However, M coupes produced for the Canadian market were equipped with the floating rotors."

Link below:-

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/model_faq.php?id=17

I sent Hexagon a copy of the link above 3 days ago but to date no reply!

However having just checked the two M Coupe ads on Hexagon Classic site, no mention of upgraded brakes or multi-functional steering wheel, so maybe they did take note.
        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
        1986 M635
        1985 E28 M5
        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Working...
        X