Heated rear window switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated rear window switch

At the risk of appearing really anal, it seems from photos that the HRW switch on S50 cars is located on the consul in the bank with heated seat switches and aircon switch, where as the S54 has the switch located between the seats, although there is a spare slot with blank on the consul. My S54 is so configured and it's a damn silly arrangement.

Is this S50/S54 difference standard and if so do we know why this is?

Has any S54 owner moved their HRW switch to the front, if so is it just a case of extending (or reducing?) the wiring length? It would be good to see whether the switch is on or off without being twizzle!
    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Originally posted by ian View Post
    Is this S50/S54 difference standard
    Yes.

and if so do we know why this is?
    No.

Comment

It is a stupid place for it!

The only assumption I've drawn in the past is that, despite the blank in the dash, with the addition of the DSC button there wasn't room for it so shifted it to between the seats....
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
        It is a stupid place for it!

The only assumption I've drawn in the past is that, despite the blank in the dash, with the addition of the DSC button there wasn't room for it so shifted it to between the seats....
        Spooks, do you think the DSC button is too large underneath to allow the HRW switch to fit next to it?
        S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Spooks, do you think the DSC button is too large underneath to allow the HRW switch to fit next to it?
          Thats my thinking; no idea if its right or not though
          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

I would think the switches are all of a similar size ,can you easily remove the front blank cover and trial fit the HRW switch Ian?

Comment

Yes, I think that's the only way to find out for certain Dave. Will I need to get underneath the HRW switch to remove it do you know?

Comment

Yes, I think that's the only way to find out for certain Dave. Will I need to get underneath the HRW switch to remove it do you know?
                The front switches push out from the rear so I would imagine the same of the rear one but I haven't ever tried with having just a tray at the back of my coupe.

Comment

Thanks Dave, a job for the weekend.

Ian

Comment

The US S52 has the heated rear window and ASC switches up front,

But no "Tell tale" alarm led in the rear section (may not have alarm like the UK?)

Last edited by Dave P; 28-04-2016, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X