No announcement yet.

Rear big brake kit BBK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to know Deano. The brakes on our 123d (same as on 135i I think) are fantastic.

You're a brave man trusting the car to that OE jack while doing the brake swap!
    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Very interesting Deano. What did the parts cost?
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

If that works, would 135i Performance calipers work then? These seem to be straight bolt-on replacements for standard 135?

And, BTW Real OEM shows 135i calipers apply for 135i only, as they are different for lesser ones...
        Best Regards,

Pawel

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
          Very interesting Deano. What did the parts cost?
          I paid around £600 for the calipers on ebay. Front discs are around £400, rears ~£100. Adapters were £70. Hoses are 25mm longer than standard. I also fitted a non M master to get the balance right. The front calipers have small area pistons and need the smaller master, even with the bigger rotor.
          Z3M V8 LS3

Comment

Originally posted by deano1712 View Post
            Another option is to raid the BMW parts bin and use 135i calipers and 320mm E60 rears. I have this setup and it works well. The rear caliper bolts straight on.

Untitled by deansie1712

Handbrake works with this setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Wania View Post
              Handbrake works with this setup?
              I fitted the larger shoes off the E60 (common to E46 I think too). The bore diameter is bigger on these discs. The only problem is the adjusters are a bit difficult to operate, otherwise all good.
              Note also there is a bit more rear brake torque with this setup - bigger rotor plus 42mm vs 40mm caliper piston.
              Last edited by deano1712; 16-07-2012, 04:20 PM.
              Z3M V8 LS3

Comment

I fitted the larger shoes off the E60 (common to E46 I think too). The bore diameter is bigger on these discs. The only problem is the adjusters are a bit difficult to operate, otherwise all good.
                Note also there is a bit more rear brake torque with this setup - bigger rotor plus 42mm vs 40mm caliper piston.

have used only the number 10 or 8 and 7 also?
                http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E6...e_brake_shoes/

everything p&p?
                all i need is:
                - rear calipers 135i
                - rear disc from E60
                - shoes from E60

that all?

Comment

Yes thats all. Rear brake hose is unchanged. You just need item 10. Caliper bolts straight on.
                  Z3M V8 LS3

Comment

Thank you. Tomorrow morning I go pick up calipers

can you send me a drawing of front adapters?
                    Last edited by Wania; 27-01-2018, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Has anyone who has fitted a Porsche 996/Boxster "S" front brake kit had any issues when fitting new pads as I have read you may need to skim some material off

the pads due to the BMW disc being thicker than the Porsche disc.

Comment

Another option is to raid the BMW parts bin and use 135i calipers and 345mm Z4m front discs and 320mm E60 rears. I have this setup and it works well. The rear caliper bolts straight on and the front needs an adapter (I have a drawing of that).

Untitled by deansie1712, on Flickr

IMG_0677 by deansie1712, on Flickr

does any other model rear calipers fit without adapters?

Comment

Old thread but saw these Boxster S calipers painted to match the Gold BMW Performance calipers,

Last edited by Dave P; 14-01-2024, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X