• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S50 Estoril CCA Auction

S50 to be auctioned,

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/bmw-z3-mcoupe

Australian import

Comment

This Australian spec Coupe has a Ai ibus cd changer fitted as per Jap and US markets I think? so would come with a different head unit compared to the Euro business unit? like the reverse RDS

Comment

This will no doubt get snapped up by a dealer and advertised at an inflated price !
        Previous: Silver s50 Mc
        Previous: Yellow s50 Mc
        -------------------------------------------
        Current: Estoril S50 Mc

Comment

Looks like it gets a good report from the auction house

Comment

Auction next weekend 24/25th March

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...mcoupe/8329362

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post

Auction tomorrow and Sunday

Comment

Another underpriced S50 - Sold for (£): 23,650

Comment

Does sound cheap but always a big risk buying at auction with no chance to drive etc & zero come back with any issues.

The biggest thing that would put me off is the Australian import, how would you know if it’s been subject to an insurance claim there? Knowing how many Cat C & D cars are advertised in the UK I’d assume the same applies in Oz.

Comment

I was more interested in the 27k spent on it. That’s an awful lot of money.
                    S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

That is AUD and probably about right in keeping an S50 up to the mark one would think. Tyres, annual servicing, vanos replacement, etc etc over 14 years.

Comment

No it was pounds sterling – in AUD it was a bit north of 47K plus a little bit spent in the UK, over 14 years. Basically it was on a “no expense spared” program of replacing any parts that had or was about to, wear out and cosmetic work like wheel refurbs and bumper resprays, to keep it “as new” as possible. The car was sold with an indexed history file containing all invoices that backed that figure. Both “European” cars and their parts and servicing were expensive in Australia. (I was never sure whether to laugh or cry)

Definitely no insurance claims let alone write offs! - although the buyer would have to rely on the history file for that.

To my mind the only drawback of it being an Australian import was that the speedometer was in km – I soon got used to that in the UK – but not the ride on British country roads (despite the excellent HR/Bilstein setup) which hastened the sale.

I was happy to sell at the hammer price but the purchaser has made a good buy!

Pictures from some time ago here http://www.z3mcoupe.com/photopost/sh...hen=&whenterm=

Comment

So happy seller happy buyer scenario. Although probably may have sold for more back in Melbourne?
                          Yes we do seem to pay more for parts and the maintenance costs are considerable on our European cars down in the Antipodes.

Comment

Originally posted by btz461 View Post
                            So happy seller happy buyer scenario. Although probably may have sold for more back in Melbourne?
                            Yes we do seem to pay more for parts and the maintenance costs are considerable on our European cars down in the Antipodes.
                            Maybe I could have sold it for more in Melbourne, but the market there is shallow compared to the UK and I didn’t have the luxury of time to sell. But more to the point I had no intention of selling when I left Melbourne.

Comment

Working...
                            X