Cruise control cable question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise control cable question

Looking at most pictures of S50's with cruise control the Bowden cable appears to have some slack in it compared to the throttle cable, can anyone confirm how the cable should be set?

I would imagine it's got a touch of slack vs the throttle just in case it prevents the engine from fully closing throttle/idling. As it's metered by the controller, as long as it's allowing the engine to fully close throttle then setting it just off that will be fine as the controller will find the throttle required to match the set speed.

Comment

Seem to recollect mine has a little bit of slack in just enough to hold it off idle.
      Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
      ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
        I would imagine it's got a touch of slack vs the throttle just in case it prevents the engine from fully closing throttle/idling. As it's metered by the controller, as long as it's allowing the engine to fully close throttle then setting it just off that will be fine as the controller will find the throttle required to match the set speed.
        Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        Seem to recollect mine has a little bit of slack in just enough to hold it off idle.
        ok thanks

Comment

Cable was £25ish from BMW last year but now £95!

Plenty of slack in cruise cable even though it doesn't look like it!

Comment

I retrofitted cruise control will send photos tomorrow from the garage ;)
            I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
            sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

I am interested in retrofitting cruise control to my E323i convertible cemalakcal. I guess the procedure would be vey similar to what you have done.
              Pictures would be very interesting.
              S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Working...
              X